Microcenter , buy any AMD x2, x3, x4, x6, get $40 instant off any mobo!

EricFX1984

[H]ard|Gawd
Microcenter , buy any AMD x2, x3, x4, x6, get $40 instant off any mobo!

some are further discounted to be free out the door or free after MIR! (below is a partial list of eligible hardware)

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.html

I have bought several MSI 785GM-P45 boards and Phenom II 555 x2 (ends up being $118 out the door, plus it has a $20 MIR)

Each of them I have bought have unlocked to full quad core and hit a solid 3.6GHz or better! :D

on a side note: if anyone needs anything from Microcenter and does not live near one, I would be more than happy to pick it up for you, I have Paypal(verified) and a 100% heatware account :cool: just want to help out some of you guys not lucky enough to be near one

all I ask in return is that you pay shipping, leave positive heatware, and maybe scratch my back some time in the future...

OK so which combo (4 core CPU and motherboard) will give me the best bang for buck while also giving me the highest overclock?

nice deals. eying this heavily

Me, too, Sir. For $160 + 4GB ram ($100?) you could have a nice setup. Sandy bridge CPUs are going to be like $250 PLUS you will need ram and a board. Sure this deal won't hit 5ghz (4.9Ghz) on air but I wonder if one would notice this in REAL TIME applications?:confused::confused:

I almost feel like picking one up just to have another rig to fool around with at that price.

is there a list anywhere of how these generally rank with their intel counterparts?

I almost feel like picking one up just to have another rig to fool around with at that price.

is there a list anywhere of how these generally rank with their intel counterparts?

well the Phenom II 965 is trading blows with the i5 750, but the i5 750 seems to pull ahead with a heavy overclock

how good is lets say intel core 2 quad 3.4 ghz vs. phenom unlocked and oced to 3.8ghz?

how good is lets say intel core 2 quad 3.4 ghz vs. phenom unlocked and oced to 3.8ghz?

which c2q? know the only c2q that really competed with the i5 750- was the q9550 (and similar chips) and the Phenom II 965 is pretty much equal to the i5 750 @ stock, the 555 unlocked @ 3.8GHz should out do any c2q @ 3.4GHz, or be close if nothing else

arg i wish there was a friggin microcenter near me.. hell i wish there was a fry's near me. so want an x6 right now but new eggs over priced as heck compared to the sales MC has every few weeks.

monkey
try frys on westcoast
similar prices
actually better
a bud of mine from cali
got the asusx something with i920 with 6gig dd3 for 300ar
3 months ago

I have bought several MSI 785GM-P45 boards and Phenom II 555 x2 (ends up being $118 out the door, plus it has a $20 MIR)

Each of them I have bought have unlocked to full quad core and hit a solid 3.6GHz or better! :D

I'm not seeing 555's at MC. They do have 560 Black edition, do you think that would unlock as successfully as the 555? 560 + MSI 785 for $99 before tax is pretty tempting if I had a good shot at getting all four cores.

I'm not seeing 555's at MC. They do have 560 Black edition, do you think that would unlock as successfully as the 555? 560 + MSI 785 for $99 before tax is pretty tempting if I had a good shot at getting all four cores.

so far I far bought 5 from MC, every last one unlocked

This appears to be the same deal, or at least VERY similar to what was going on starting on 10/1 going to 10/31. But now the rebate's dates are 11/2-11/31. My old man's p4 rig could use and upgrade, and I could use an excuse to go x6.

This appears to be the same deal, or at least VERY similar to what was going on starting on 10/1 going to 10/31. But now the rebate's dates are 11/2-11/31. My old man's p4 rig could use and upgrade, and I could use an excuse to go x6.

Do IT!!! :p

Follow OP's link. Put a bundle in your cart. Look at the motherboard in your cart. There should be a line at the bottom saying something like "9.99 after rebate savings."

For instance, the 1090T with Biostar A785G3 has a $10 rebate, but the 560BE with MSI 785GM-P45 appears to have a $20 rebate.

Aww... the Athlon x2 250 isn't applicable for the deal anymore!

This isn't a new deal...they have been doing this for month's. I got $40 off an Asus CFIV when I purchased an x6 back in August. They didn't advertise that you could get $40 off any mobo at the time, they were just promoting the $9.99 and Free motherboard deals with AMD processors, but the $40 off deal has been going on for a long time now.

Looks like the Athlon II X4 635 is the same price as the X2 555 black edition...would it be smarter to just buy the x4 since the x2 might not unlock?

is the rebate in store too
those idiots in store claim they don't know the 20 dollars rebate

I ordered the Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition + M4A87TD/USB3 Socket AM3 870 Motherboard online and picked it up an hour later at the MC in Madison Heights. By the way, they only have one more of those boards in stock. The mail in rebate is for $10. I also ordered 4GB of ripjaw ram from the egg for $70. Should be a nice killer budget setup. All I need now is a good cooler for this baby. I was going to wait for Sandy Bridge or Bulldozer but I have a feeling that they are going to cost as much as the three pieces of hardware above combined.

a good cheap cooler is that ??cooler master 216
so the phenoms ii needs to be about 1ghz clocked higher to be comparable to the i5 i7??
and about the same clock to clock with intel quad 2 core?

did they change the black edition x2 to the one that is not possible to unlock?

thanks
so it is really not "10" dollars for the mb
it is 10 dollars after 20 dollars rebate

Yeah - I got a 965BE and an MSI 785 board was basically free after rebate. Threw in 4GB of RAM for $70 and had a nice upgraded system for under $250.

not bad going to store one of these days
what else should I look for in store?
any others good deals I should look for at mc?

Yeah - I got a 965BE and an MSI 785 board was basically free after rebate. Threw in 4GB of RAM for $70 and had a nice upgraded system for under $250.

just make sure you keep the VRM's cool on that board

My issue is, since I have an Intel E8400 CPU now, how do I determine if any of these AMD chips are faster than the one I have now?

My issue is, since I have an Intel E8400 CPU now, how do I determine if any of these AMD chips are faster than the one I have now?

AMD 45nm duals are about equivalent to it clock for clock. Any tri or quad will be noticeably faster - hence the incentive to unlock cores. IMO, it would be very worth it to upgrade.

Back