• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Microcenter and AMD

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
13,080
Well, I was able to see a Microcenter Store for the first time ever. (I am very impressed.) I saw one in Cleveland, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Atlanta, Ga. However maturity and the fact that I did not need anything had me walking out empty handed in each store. :D

They had great deals to but I just do not buy things like I used too. (Good thing too or I would have bought up every great deal they had. I am not an Intel fan but, $289 for a 4790k would be hard to beat. :)
 
Well, I was able to see a Microcenter Store for the first time ever. (I am very impressed.) I saw one in Cleveland, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Atlanta, Ga. However maturity and the fact that I did not need anything had me walking out empty handed in each store. :D

They had great deals to but I just do not buy things like I used too. (Good thing too or I would have bought up every great deal they had. I am not an Intel fan but, $289 for a 4790k would be hard to beat. :)

The deals at Microcenter are amazing. I'm fairly certain they sell those combos at a loss or break even in order for you to buy everything else there. Honestly, I end up falling for that tactic anyways.:D Done it twice now. Bought my kickass main rig back in 2011 with an Intel combo (check sig). I've since upgraded the drive to an SSD and a new video card in 2014 and put the old one in my GF's rig. Bought my GF's rig (secondary in my sig) when they were clearing out old AMD stock in 2012 and I was low on cash. She was desperate to get off her old Pentium 4 but had zero money due to school.

The best deals I've seen were during tax season January thru April and back to school in August to help clear stock. Their video cards deals are very hit or miss.
 
I wish I had a microcenter or fry's near me. If I could pick up an a10-7850k + motherboard and 8gb of ram for less than $200 I would upgrade my setup.
 
Yeah. If you're not upgrading, MicroCenter is one of those places you go to window shop.
The store's over-stocked with all sorts of unnecessary, peripheral crap.

However, when you ARE in upgrade mode, they can be invaluable with their CPU+Mobo deals.
Their SSD/Memory/Vidcard pricing is a bit out of whack (a typical B&M issue). But every now and again, you stumble across perfect-storm type deals.

Like me. When I was building my current box, I found the case for cheaper than I could get it online BEFORE shipping.

I was then able to find a coupon for $10 off purchases over $50. I was able to get 2 copies. Used one for the case to bring the price down further. Then another to pick up a Kraken x61 AIO cooler for less than I could online.
 
The $10 or free motherboard deals are very hard to pass up. Just did one a month ago for a family member. Was able to upgrade their computer to a A10-7850K for about $300, which would have gotten me a pretty crappy low end processor if I just bought a new computer.
 
They have a deal right now for a FX-6300 w/ mobo for $99. I snatched one up to build an office/back up gaming PC and its been great.
 
They have a deal right now for a FX-6300 w/ mobo for $99. I snatched one up to build an office/back up gaming PC and its been great.

That is a good deal. I checked newegg and the CPU alone is $110. My wife wants to go to QVC in Pennsylvania next week, and I see that there is a Microcenter about 30 minutes away. So I might try to swing by there. Hopefully they'll have some kind of good deal.
 
Back
Top