• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Microcenter: 5950X $499.99

I feel like you're a sympathetic Stormtrooper.

Just... take our hand and join us. Fight the darkness.
Haha yeah join the rebellion, or you know wait 2 weeks and see the AM5 stuff or 13 series Intel stuff and see if the price to performance balance changes.
 
I feel like you're a sympathetic Stormtrooper.

Just... take our hand and join us. Fight the darkness.
dude.. i love this place. yal have more that my hand.. my soul..
last machine i built recommended from here..
antec 900 case...$150 on sale $99.. $50 rebate
q6600 stepping 0
4x 2gb dimms - 2 rebates
xfx mobo - rebate
gtx 9600 in sli - 2 rebates
corsair hx620w ps - in use in my file server now..

yall know your shit! i bow to thee...

bit upset no one gave guidance on my latest build request..

stuff obtained
ThermalTake Tower 900 case
multi card reader
evga 1300w ps
few 1tb ssd - old pulls
few 512gb nvme - old pulls

amd or intel mobo/cpu.. gettin close to buy and wait 1-2m to see if rtx 3080 ti drops like people say or get 4060
 
dude.. i love this place. yal have more that my hand.. my soul..
last machine i built recommended from here..
antec 900 case...$150 on sale $99.. $50 rebate
q6600 stepping 0
4x 2gb dimms - 2 rebates
xfx mobo - rebate
gtx 9600 in sli - 2 rebates
corsair hx620w ps - in use in my file server now..

yall know your shit! i bow to thee...

bit upset no one gave guidance on my latest build request..

stuff obtained
ThermalTake Tower 900 case
multi card reader
evga 1300w ps
few 1tb ssd - old pulls
few 512gb nvme - old pulls

amd or intel mobo/cpu.. gettin close to buy and wait 1-2m to see if rtx 3080 ti drops like people say or get 4060
To be clear: Intel is 'The Darkness'.
 
Anyone happen to upgrade from a 5800X? Im debating if I should scoop this... I do a lot of multithreaded workloads ie. dev + gamedev, but 5800x has been pretty beastly after I tuned it to my liking..
 
Can't afford to pay the upgrade troll. I just grabbed a used 5900X on the H to replace my 3800X and with the few bucks I will get back on the 3800X I will be able to afford it. Next summer for the AM5 and maybe by then replace the 3070 with a used 3090.
 
dude.. i love this place. yal have more that my hand.. my soul..
last machine i built recommended from here..
antec 900 case...$150 on sale $99.. $50 rebate
q6600 stepping 0
4x 2gb dimms - 2 rebates
xfx mobo - rebate
gtx 9600 in sli - 2 rebates
corsair hx620w ps - in use in my file server now..

yall know your shit! i bow to thee...

bit upset no one gave guidance on my latest build request..

stuff obtained
ThermalTake Tower 900 case
multi card reader
evga 1300w ps
few 1tb ssd - old pulls
few 512gb nvme - old pulls

amd or intel mobo/cpu.. gettin close to buy and wait 1-2m to see if rtx 3080 ti drops like people say or get 4060
I've been on both sides of the fence...although the last Intel was a 2600k. Currently sporting a 5950X (x570) w/ 32 GB RAM and a 6800xt.
I decided to break that rig in by playing the extremely-tough-on-components game: KOTOR 2
(lol)

And for some reason, seeing all these 3090/3090Ti prices come down, I'm tempted despite not needing them.

Personally, the biggest reason I went with 5950X over Intel 12th gen was heat. I know 12900/12700 are beasts, but I didn't want to deal with that much heat. 5950X is already overkill for my needs (and honestly, if I had not gotten a smoking deal on it, would have gone with a 5800X3D).

I guess the answer for your build is it depends on your budget, and how bleeding edge you want to be. You can get killer deals on RTX 3-series now, and you'll have to wait a while for anything in the lower ranges of the 4-series.
But you'll be able to build an entire high-end previous gen system for less than a low end current gen system right now, and honestly probably have a better experience (unless you absolutely need the I/O)
 
I've been on both sides of the fence...although the last Intel was a 2600k. Currently sporting a 5950X (x570) w/ 32 GB RAM and a 6800xt.
I decided to break that rig in by playing the extremely-tough-on-components game: KOTOR 2
(lol)

And for some reason, seeing all these 3090/3090Ti prices come down, I'm tempted despite not needing them.

Personally, the biggest reason I went with 5950X over Intel 12th gen was heat. I know 12900/12700 are beasts, but I didn't want to deal with that much heat. 5950X is already overkill for my needs (and honestly, if I had not gotten a smoking deal on it, would have gone with a 5800X3D).

I guess the answer for your build is it depends on your budget, and how bleeding edge you want to be. You can get killer deals on RTX 3-series now, and you'll have to wait a while for anything in the lower ranges of the 4-series.
But you'll be able to build an entire high-end previous gen system for less than a low end current gen system right now, and honestly probably have a better experience (unless you absolutely need the I/O)
well i got an msi z690 mobo so now the question is i7-13700KF for $410 or i9-13900k for $620 (is $4 cheaper than kf)...
 
Back
Top