• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Micro Stutter with 4890 CF

Jayham

Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
964
Anyone else experiencing this? I'm running 2560x1600 and using 9.5 Cats with Flat Out Ultimate Carnage, TF2 and Devil May Cry 4 (DX10) everything maxed out. In Flat Out Ultimate Carnage Performance is better when CF is disabled, I'm sure that's probably due to the game not supporting dual cards?

System spec:
920 @3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe
6GB OCZ Gold
Cooler Master 850w
XFX 4890 CF @925/1125 Auto
 
Try turning " Wait for vertical refresh" to high quality and see if that helps.
 
try lower details see if it happens?
check CPU usage while your playing?

I have yet to try, and I will report back. Although now that I think about it I believe I tried that with GTA 4 with no improvement in stutter problem but definitely a few frames higher.

Try turning " Wait for vertical refresh" to high quality and see if that helps.

I always have Vsync turned on.
 
After messing around with so many settings in TF2 I found that turning off vsync totally takes away the micro stutter in that game but..... I'm tearing pretty bad. The wait for vertical refresh is turned on in CCC seems to help but not much. Tearing or stutter? :mad:
 
After messing around with so many settings in TF2 I found that turning off vsync totally takes away the micro stutter in that game but..... I'm tearing pretty bad. The wait for vertical refresh is turned on in CCC seems to help but not much. Tearing or stutter? :mad:

I didnt get tearing in TF2 when I have vsync off... all source game doesn't have tearing problem :S
 
is not upto the game, is upto the monitor because your pushing more FPS to the monitor then it can handle, thus you get tearing as the monitor tries to keep the frames going, but cant...as it sends one frame, it is sending another and so on and cant keep up = tearing :)
 
Back
Top