micro-stutter in mkv playback on tv, fine on pc

have 2 monitors and an hdtv hooked up as 3rd...

I can play bluray rip in vlc on computer monitors fine. Using boxee or even moving vlc over to TV i'll get a stutter that happens every 4-6 seconds or so..

ive tried boxee, xbmc, etc

its a known hardware limitation in the i7's and wont be resolved until ivy bridge is released. the problem is the frame rate of the file cannot be played back by the i7 apu. the apu can only display 24.000 fps. your movies were ripped at the far more common 23.976 fps rate. its this mismatch that causes the shudder. its a hardware limitation and cannot be corrected. anandtech's i7 reviews cover it well.

its a known hardware limitation in the i7's and wont be resolved until ivy bridge is released. the problem is the frame rate of the file cannot be played back by the i7 apu. the apu can only display 24.000 fps. your movies were ripped at the far more common 23.976 fps rate. its this mismatch that causes the shudder. its a hardware limitation and cannot be corrected. anandtech's i7 reviews cover it well.

Can Reclock correct it?

I thought this was a problem specific to the integrated graphics on i3 and i5. The system in the OP's sig does not have integrated graphics.

Have you tried changing the refresh rate on your TV? You can usually minimize the judder, if not eliminate it completely.

I thought that it didn't cause stutter, but rather that audio and video would get out of sync over time.

? It's a 920 that doesn't have integrated to the best of my knowledge. Check your refresh rate settings. Those need to be a perfect match (video card and TV).

yeah i have a 5870 ati..

stutter is so annoying.. every 5-8 seconds .. turned off hardware acceleration even

Back