Micro Center

Micro Center has earned a lifetime customer. I purchased a copy of WoW:Cataclysm for a friend because Micro Center had it cheaper than anywhere else. Unfortunately when I got back to the house there was no CD/CD-key in the box. It would have cost me more to drive back there to exchange it than buying it direct from blizzard would have cost.

I called the next day to request an exchange and they didn't hassle me at all about exchanging it and then proceeded to send one of their employees to hand deliver the replacement.

My microcenter would have told you that you stole the key and wanted an extra and then banned you from the store.

Micro Center has earned a lifetime customer. I purchased a copy of WoW:Cataclysm for a friend because Micro Center had it cheaper than anywhere else. Unfortunately when I got back to the house there was no CD/CD-key in the box. It would have cost me more to drive back there to exchange it than buying it direct from blizzard would have cost.

I called the next day to request an exchange and they didn't hassle me at all about exchanging it and then proceeded to send one of their employees to hand deliver the replacement.

Wow, very good customer service.
Where are you @?

My microcenter would have told you that you stole the key and wanted an extra and then banned you from the store.

Whattt?? Tell me your store location (so I can stay away from it)

One of the employees must of know that were was a copy of the game with missing CD. Or it must of happened before! Tustin/OC is where I go. Do they have any combos deals for 2600Ks with P67 board right now?

I am also very happy with my local Microcenter. I had bought all my parts in early 09 to finally build my own PC (what I wanted to do for years!). I had all the parts for a Core 2 Quad setup. Unfortunately, everything went wrong with the build, the motherboard wouldn't post, the case was hard to get into, those push-pins with Intel's stock heatsinks gave me a nightmare, etc.

So I went back to the store and they took back all the parts I bought, no muss, no fuss and I decided to buy entirely different parts for an i7 rig instead. I was very happy with how they took care of me. It even makes me that I'll buy things at MC that are slightly more expensive elsewhere, just for them to get my business. :)

Did that employee hand-deliver it to you in the store or to your home address? Lol, if its the latter, then that is some GOOD customer service!
;)

One of the employees must of know that were was a copy of the game with missing CD. Or it must of happened before! Tustin/OC is where I go. Do they have any combos deals for 2600Ks with P67 board right now?

tbh i didn't look. lemme check their ad, i took one with me =P

I am also very happy with my local Microcenter. I had bought all my parts in early 09 to finally build my own PC (what I wanted to do for years!). I had all the parts for a Core 2 Quad setup. Unfortunately, everything went wrong with the build, the motherboard wouldn't post, the case was hard to get into, those push-pins with Intel's stock heatsinks gave me a nightmare, etc.

So I went back to the store and they took back all the parts I bought, no muss, no fuss and I decided to buy entirely different parts for an i7 rig instead. I was very happy with how they took care of me. It even makes me that I'll buy things at MC that are slightly more expensive elsewhere, just for them to get my business. :)

Did that employee hand-deliver it to you in the store or to your home address? Lol, if its the latter, then that is some GOOD customer service!
;)

if i had to drive to tustin to return it they would've lost all of my business.

I was at Frys today and they DON'T have the P8P67 Deluxe.

And the i7 2600k was $349. WOW

I tried to buy a Microcenter Rebadged SSD, an old Jmicron 64GB model, for $64. It's a 45 minute plus drive. So I ordered, waited the 18 minutes they promise it will take to be ready, and then departed. About 40 minutes into my drive I got an email saying my order was cancelled because they couldn't find it. It had literally just popped up in their inventory as I had been scanning it for days for SSD deals. I think one of the store employees sniped it from me after they saw the price, obviously I can't prove it. The manager didn't give a shit, despite the fact I probably wasted close to $10 in gas just to go get it. They could have at least cancelled the order after 18 minutes or given me a discount on a different model. The drive popped up in their inventory again the next day so I reordered. At least they cancelled it quickly that time.

(This is probably the 4th or 5th time I've tried to order products from them just to have them not be able to be found.)

The store is the Cincinnati, Sharonville, OH store.

I tried to buy a Microcenter Rebadged SSD, an old Jmicron 64GB model, for $64. It's a 45 minute plus drive. So I ordered, waited the 18 minutes they promise it will take to be ready, and then departed. About 40 minutes into my drive I got an email saying my order was cancelled because they couldn't find it. It had literally just popped up in their inventory as I had been scanning it for days for SSD deals. I think one of the store employees sniped it from me after they saw the price, obviously I can't prove it. The manager didn't give a shit, despite the fact I probably wasted close to $10 in gas just to go get it. They could have at least cancelled the order after 18 minutes or given me a discount on a different model. The drive popped up in their inventory again the next day so I reordered. At least they cancelled it quickly that time.

(This is probably the 4th or 5th time I've tried to order products from them just to have them not be able to be found.)

The store is the Cincinnati, Sharonville, OH store.

When you place the initial order they make a point that you should wait until you get the confirmation email before you go pick it up... So yeah I can see why the manager didn't get a shit. If I was the manager I wouldn't give a shit, because clearly you didn't bother to read anything on the pages when you placed your order.

Plus you waited the 18 minutes and DIDN'T get the email, so your "Something may be wrong" flag should have gone up.

Last edited:
You need to wait for the confirmation email. That email basically means "I have this in my hands, it's not lost in the back, or in another customer's cart"

plus when you order, they tell you several times to wait for that email.

I've never had them do it in less than 18 minutes. Ever. About 50% of the time they can't even find what I order. Some people don't have all day to wait around for them to find something and if it shows up in inventory why wouldn't they have it? If I waited for the confirmation email every time I would waste hours and hours. Not really my impression of easy shopping. My "something may be wrong flag" would be flying every time if I listened to your advice. And it wasn't just the manager not caring. He was confrontational about it.

I've never had them do it in less than 18 minutes. Ever. About 50% of the time they can't even find what I order. Some people don't have all day to wait around for them to find something and if it shows up in inventory why wouldn't they have it?

Because someone else is walking around the store with it in their cart. Or because its a nightmare trying to keep track of inventory in a retail store with customers and employees stealing shit on a daily basis.

I purchased 2 2tb open box Hitachi drives on clearance that were bad. Took them back and got 2 more bad drives. Took those back and manager let me buy 2 new seagate 2tbs that were on sale limit one per customer and close to the same price.

I was pretty happy with the exception but wish they would test drives when they are returned by customers before reselling them. I still lost a good $20+ in gas and wasted several hours of drive time making the 2 extra trips back.

So today they had a 2600k and mobo combo for $400. I think to myself, "Self, this deal may be good enough to counteract the bad blood they've created with me over the last several months with their mobo+CPU combos that are not in stock the moment I get the e-mail, so let's check it out." So I click the link in the e-mail and the mobo does not exist on their web site. Ugh MC. How you constantly disappoint me.

Microcenter won my business. I purchased a video card within 30 days and received a % off coupon. They took 10% off with no hassle and they noticed it was cheaper and gave me an extra 10 bucks off under their price protection policy.

The second time I came in there with a 20% off cases and they let me use it on an open box 800d. The case came out to about $150.

^Yea sometimes it depends on who the manager in charge is.

I bought an Antec 300 for $35, they price matched with Fry's who at the time had a rebate on theirs. Sometimes they price match sometimes they don't. All in all they try to work with you and it depends on their mood whether their willing to work with you or not.

Going to be building a new 2500k setup, does micro center normally have a 4th of july sale like frys? I'm contemplating the wait till july 5th ill be around tustin. Anyone have experience with the big guys(td,newegg,mc etc) on 4th of july sales? Worth the wait?

System in mind, i5 2500k an ASROCK p67(so i can use my existing lga775 cooler), DDR3 1600 8gb, PSU, SSD for C:.

hoping for 4ghz on air.

ill be upgrading from ip35pro, e8400, 4gb ddr2. hoping to be wow'ed with the i5 processor. loved the e8400

I would prolly wait for the sale's but it might not be "what ur looking for though".
So up to you broski

Going to be building a new 2500k setup, does micro center normally have a 4th of july sale like frys? I'm contemplating the wait till july 5th ill be around tustin. Anyone have experience with the big guys(td,newegg,mc etc) on 4th of july sales? Worth the wait?

System in mind, i5 2500k an ASROCK p67(so i can use my existing lga775 cooler), DDR3 1600 8gb, PSU, SSD for C:.

hoping for 4ghz on air.

ill be upgrading from ip35pro, e8400, 4gb ddr2. hoping to be wow'ed with the i5 processor. loved the e8400

Holiday sales are rarely better than the regular sales that happen all the time. If you want a new PC, now is a good time and waiting a few weeks isn't likely to save you much money on the items you want.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger, sadly MC ended up with 0 of my business. TD/Newegg. Picked up;

i5 2500k. $202
8gb ddr3 1600mhz 1.5v gskill $53
asrock pro67 $119
tpx775 - $69
diablotek epic case $34.99
ocz thermal paste $6
using my existing hd5770 and lga775 cooler!

new i5 build will end up being around $520

For the past 13 yrs I have been shopping there, Microcenter has been absolutely awesome for me. Great prices, great service, friendly salespeople, will price match anything with anybody. Many of the salespeople even know me by name, remember what I'm currently running in my systems, and give me a heads up when something I might be interested in arrives at the store. I can also count on them to give me quality, technically accurate advice and expertise.

Back