• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Micro-Center Intel E6400 C2D $159.99

Man, I was so happy to get a B&M Fry's in town. Now it seems that Micro-Center gets all the good deals and Frys gets the shaft, when the only Micro-Center near me is an hour or more away, and Frys is right around the corner...:(
 
The manager of the microcenter I went to today said that "if the item is in stock you can call and have it placed in - will call"
Call ahead and save yourself some grief it took me +40 minutes to my e6400 and I only got it after complaining to a manager about the store not having a sale item in stock minutes after the store opened,they had 3 in the back.:rolleyes:
 
Don't know if this is accurate, but here's a price chart: LINK

Personally going to wait until prices drop and get e6600...
 
Don't know if this is accurate, but here's a price chart: LINK

Personally going to wait until prices drop and get e6600...

The only way I could wait till the end of april is if I buy another 512mb of ram to tide me over for 2 months. I kinda think I'll lose as much buying the ram as just reselling the chip down the road, if I chose to do so.
 
All the 6400's sold out this morning at the Houston location. Sales guy said they only had 15.
 
Here in northern Virginia they didn't even have a single one, apparently they are getting a truck in that "should" have some.
 
When is the last day for this price on the chip? If there's no chance of them getting more in stock (online) before that point, then I'm just going to get a 4300 for newegg and hope that the lack of virtualization doesn't hurt me down the road.
 
compusa maybe if they carry OEM's, Fry's is the most likely to do so since they carry some oems, not sure if they have the e6400 oem though. best buy doesn't sell core 2 duo processors.
 
compusa maybe if they carry OEM's, Fry's is the most likely to do so since they carry some oems, not sure if they have the e6400 oem though. best buy doesn't sell core 2 duo processors.

Fry's will PM if they're in stock at your local Microcenter....and if they don't realize that their warranty lasts 275 days longer than than the Microcenter's.
 
why is e6400 40 dollars cheaper than the e6300? surely the 6400 can oc just as well as the e6300 or better?

It's on sale (and currently OOS), it's OEM, not retail, so it only has a 90 day warranty vs 3 years, and it comes with no HSF.
 
All the 6400's sold out this morning at the Houston location. Sales guy said they only had 15.

The Microcenter in Overland Park only had one in stock, and I got it. I ordered another one online that is currently on back order.
 
it still is going to drop prices more. the 4mb cache 6400 and 6300 are coming out.
 
Just picked up mine after battling the traffic of the ATL... L25Axxx pretty early stepping. IHS is curved at the edges which I thought would mean having to lap the damn thing, but razor blade checks out the IHS is flat, so pretty good so far.

PS: put mine on reserve last night, went to pick it up and the dude was telling me how someone came in last night wanting to get one but they were all gone except for one (mine) and he spazzed out demanding to get a E6700 for the same price... lol. Anyone from here spaz out at Microcenter in Duluth GA over this deal?
 
As did mine!!!! I ended up getting 2 procs out of this deal the last one at the store and one online.....
 
Back
Top