Micro ATX SLI Solutions ONLY @ Monarch

Monarch Deals

Official Monarch Rep
HocpSliHornet.jpg

Monarch Hornet Pro SLI Do-It-Yourself Kit (Black) Page

Monarch Hornet Pro SLI 64/FX/X2/Opteron 100 Series (939) Barebones Page

EVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLI Audio/GB-LAN/PCI-E/SATA/RAID/DDR/u-ATX 64 939 MB Page

Use Coupon Code: P5XP-BW4LL4 and get $30.00 off on EVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX MB in any of the above.

isnt the PSU they provide in the DIY SLI kit too weak for 2 gfx?

Power Supply - Topower TOP350FX 12V 350W (400W Peak)Power Supply

w00ty said:
isnt the PSU they provide in the DIY SLI kit too weak for 2 gfx?

Power Supply - Topower TOP350FX 12V 350W (400W Peak)Power Supply
The SLI Hornet Pro has been tested in many different configurations. The only limitation to the power supply is when using 2 7800 GTX cards in the system. If this is the situation, then it is only recommended to run one hard drive. You can see the items we have validated such as the Hornet Revenge Special Edition.

How about selling just a barebones ?

no CPU.etc.
Just like Shuttle has been able to do.

Let us the enthusiast build to suit our needs.

Just a question.

MassRaptor

MassRaptor said:
How about selling just a barebones ?

no CPU.etc.
Just like Shuttle has been able to do.

Let us the enthusiast build to suit our needs.

Just a question.

MassRaptor

Uh, did you click the first link? That's exactly what it is...

If you're worried about the power supply. It looks like you could buy the micro atx board by itself. Then go buy a micro atx case and a powersupply you like.

Also cheaper to do it that way. I got the x-qpack and the mobo seperate. I'll get power supply locally when the above arrive.

woohoo.. I've been looking for a nice mATX board for building a new system. This has all the features I need and then some. Priceir than the other ones I found, but it has SLI and more mature chipset than the 6100/6150.

I like the chassis - What are the dimensions on it?

If it can handle my current equip and is smaller than the QPack, I might consider buying just the case.

Monarch Deals said:

What's with the new power supply?!?
I can't find it on the web site but if I can get a 450 watt version of the one that fits that case I'd be interested! I have the one that came with the Hornet barebones combo I just bought a few weeks ago but it's only a 350 watt (400 watt peak)...this one you have now supposedly is 400 (450 watt peak).
I have doubts about the 350 watt version I have right now because no matter how high I set the voltage in the bios it never goes up above 1.4, maybe it's in need of an RMA?
I'd gladly pay the difference to get the extra wattage....

MsB said:
the question is , does the sli board OC very well?

Since this thead is at the top I'll answer. Its a OK overclocker. Its by no means great because it can make it to about 220mhz and anything higher require relaxed RAM timings. In my opinion its powerful in the sense that you can run dual 7900GTX's and it is a VERY STABLE board.

Back