• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

micro atx ps in atx case

OFaceSIG

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
4,573
Does anyone know of an adapter bracket that will screw into the place of an ATX power supply but then let you mount a microATX ps in that bracket? I've seen this on OEM HP cases and I think it could be incredibly handy.
 
I haven't found any adapter like that. Out of curiosity, why do you need one? ATX PSUs in general are less expensive and better quality than mATX units, so there's no real incentive to use a micro ATX PSU if you can fit a full ATX one.
 
More to have handy then anything else. I'm going to start building smaller and smaller pc's in the future. My dx10 rig is microatx and while my dx9 is atx. I'm getting ready to soon build my parents a dual core atom 330 in ITX. Sooner or later I'm going to have a microatx ps lying around and it could prove useful.
 
Well, if you're the DIY type, it wouldn't be very hard to just make a bracket yourself out of sheet metal if you do end up needing one.
 
Back
Top