Michigan Lan parties?

A short drive from michigan is Zion LAN 2005 - also has a thread here. 400 seats, tens of thousands in prizes, over 4 grand in tourney cash announced so far, and all around one of the greatest events in the area - plus all proceeds to go to help mentally and developmentally disabled people. Should be awesome, i know a lot of people from michigan are coming - maybe you could get a ride? :)

my friend owns a wharehouse btw, we are trying to get a lan sponcered its like 1000 sq ft. inside with like 3 lvls, only problem is parking, parking lot only holds around 30 cars and on the street around another 15 another problem will be renting/buying switches/routers.
any thoughts, though we wanna get this going organising stuff is gonna take awhile to do.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but if you're looking for michigan LANs, www.psychorage.com is *the* spot to hit up. It list every michigan LAN it possibly can. Also, The Boxheads throw some bad-ass LANs, usually in K-zoo or Grand Rapids. Their site is www.theboxheads.net . I really think you (and anyone else from michigan) should check them out.

i know its an old thread, but me an a couple of buddies are looking into hosting a lan party in the dearborn michigan area, we are trying to figure out how many people we can get before renting the building, thinking about 25-50 players total, email me at
jefash-at-hotmail.com

zekez said:
www.michigangamers.com is a good site to hit up for Michigan LANs.

I agree. Im a member of the site and its pretty awesome. The forums in particular. Everyone works together to keep track of all lan parties in michigan big or small. Many Lan admins post on the forum about thier lan so you can ask them questions directly. Its the biggest and most active michigan based gaming community.

If you want to find out about lans or ask questions about them, its a great site to go to. Or if you just want to meet some other gamers in michigan.

osvampire said:
Its the biggest and most active michigan based gaming community.

Oh-ho-ho, hold up there buddy. Lets not pat ourselves on the back enough to get a sore shoulder. www.theboxheads.net and www.psychorage.com are both large and extremely active.

Besides, you just look like a car salesman. "We've got the biggest, the best, we've got cars used and new, come on by!" (and I mean that with love, of course.)

Anyway, I suggest everyone interested in Michigan LANs visit all of the sites listed. A few I recommend are The Boxheads LANs (for those of you who are very serious in your gaming) or Realms of Chaos (for those of you who just want to have fun). RoCs site is www.roclanparty.com, but you'll find most RoC activity on Psychorage (which I listed above).

Actually, www.michigangamers.com is the place to be. We have the largest and most active forums for gaming in the state of Michigan... we are also affiliated with SiliconFactor, IndyGamers, TwinCity Gamers, ULX, and multiple additional sites.

The forums are moving extremely fast and it's the only place to be if your looking for lanparties in the state of michigan.

As for the places with good lans... www.theboxheads.net, www.grlanparty.com, www.mpcon.com, and there are a few others.

Ockie said:
Actually, www.michigangamers.com is the place to be
I agree,

its not that i dont like psychorage.I mostly just visit michigangamers because im all about talking to people on forums and stuff, trying to meet new people and all that. . I visit psychorage and michigangamers daily.. But psychorage seems to be a site about thier realms of chaos lan mostly. And i havent been to that lan YET.

And boxheads is my favorite lan. I recommend that lan to everyone. Ive only been to one of thier lans so far.. but it was my favorite.

Let the old man of the community chime in for a sec...

Basically, Psychorage was one of the original LAN party community sites in Michigan along with Grim's Place, which was the first. The BoxHeads and Michigan Gamers came later.

Although most of the youngins on the scene today might not recall it, Grim's Place was once the premiere LAN gaming site in Michigan. It was even featured in the Detroit Free Press' Freep section at one point. However, Grim got kinda wore out with the scene and converted the site into a tech blog that mostly deals with his struggle to get wireless internet to his backwater town.

Psychorage was originally started as a personal site but grew to promote the Realms of Chaos LAN Party and eventually expanded to become the largest LAN party community site in Michigan for several years. While they are not as big or as active as they were in the past, it's still a pretty good site to find out about Southwest Michigan LAN parties and other events.

The site I am affiliated with, The BoxHeads, is a community site, but our focus is more on our LAN party events, our online community and the West Michigan LAN party scene in general. Occasionally, we promote out of town events, but we pretty much keep the focus on Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek and everywhere in between. We hold anywhere from 2-5 LAN parties annually.

Michigan Gamers are the new guys on the scene but they have grown quickly since they started up in mid-2004. There's no question that they have the largest and most active LAN party community site in Michigan. Their goal is to become the LAN community site for all gamers in Michigan and they have done a good job of making that goal happen.

Personally, I check out The BoxHeads and Psychorage for West Michigan LAN scene info and Michigan Gamers for what's going on on the eastside and along the border. I know that Michigan Gamers is supposed to cover the whole state—which they do and then some—but their staff all pretty much live in suburban Detroit and outlying areas, so to get the word on K-Zoo or GR I go to the people who live there.

Some Michigan LAN Parties to check out by location (You can Google them yourself):

Detroit area:

MPCon Dunno what's up with these guys, they usually do a couple of 180+ events a year, but they haven't done one in a while. Michigan's largest LAN party.

Hockeytown Area LANners

Lansing:

Waldoman LAN Party

Grand Rapids:

GRLANParty One of the longest running LAN parties in the state.

The BoxHeads LAN Party Hosts of 2-5 LAN parties each year in locations throughout West Michigan, including a Halloween-themed event. West Michigan's largest LAN party.

Kalamazoo area:

Realms of Chaos Another long standing event. RoC holds 4 events a year that run for 24 hours from 12am to 12am.

The BoxHeads LAN Party

Marmalade Dog An annual gaming convention held every March by the Western Michigan Gamers Guild, a student organization of Western Michigan University. MMD mostly features RPGs and tabletop games, but is also host to a small 40 person LAN party as well. Overall attendance is in the hundreds or more.

SynergyLAN An annual West Michigan event that is a collaboration between the various LAN party groups. Created as a complement to Marmalade Dog, Synergy is held in September and sometimes features a small area for RPGs and tabletop games. A previous event once drew 190+ attendees.

Northern Michigan:

TC Fragfest Traverse City's own LAN 3-day party

AdrenaLAN A Kalkaska-based LAN party

again, bumping an old thread. www.mpcon.org MPCon:XVI is on..the date is not 100% yet but we were shooting for Jan 6-8 until we saw that www.grlanparty.com had an event set for then. So, look for MPCon:XVI in January (probably the second weekend of the month).

Armagetto said:
Let the old man of the community chime in for a sec...

Basically, Psychorage was one of the original LAN party community sites in Michigan along with Grim's Place, which was the first. The BoxHeads and Michigan Gamers came later.

Although most of the youngins on the scene today might not recall it, Grim's Place was once the premiere LAN gaming site in Michigan. It was even featured in the Detroit Free Press' Freep section at one point. However, Grim got kinda wore out with the scene and converted the site into a tech blog that mostly deals with his struggle to get wireless internet to his backwater town.

Psychorage was originally started as a personal site but grew to promote the Realms of Chaos LAN Party and eventually expanded to become the largest LAN party community site in Michigan for several years. While they are not as big or as active as they were in the past, it's still a pretty good site to find out about Southwest Michigan LAN parties and other events.

The site I am affiliated with, The BoxHeads, is a community site, but our focus is more on our LAN party events, our online community and the West Michigan LAN party scene in general. Occasionally, we promote out of town events, but we pretty much keep the focus on Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek and everywhere in between. We hold anywhere from 2-5 LAN parties annually.

Michigan Gamers are the new guys on the scene but they have grown quickly since they started up in mid-2004. There's no question that they have the largest and most active LAN party community site in Michigan. Their goal is to become the LAN community site for all gamers in Michigan and they have done a good job of making that goal happen.

Personally, I check out The BoxHeads and Psychorage for West Michigan LAN scene info and Michigan Gamers for what's going on on the eastside and along the border. I know that Michigan Gamers is supposed to cover the whole state—which they do and then some—but their staff all pretty much live in suburban Detroit and outlying areas, so to get the word on K-Zoo or GR I go to the people who live there.

Well said.

Back