Michael's Computers

obs

Supreme [H]ardness
Toms actually has a pretty good investigative write up on Michael's Computers. It is pretty obvious he's a scammer. Using review sites logos because they reviewed the chipset, computers with specs that include products that aren't even out (Windows XP 2004..), and no trace of where they are actually building them to name a few. Hell, he even claims 0.19 dB which isn't even on the border of realistic (a whisper is 20dB). I thought it was pretty funny until I realized there are probably a couple people out there that would actually toss down $2600 for one of his non-existant computers (PayPal only btw).

gald I read it...I got to the last 2 pages before I hit major delays.

Kinda looks like Tom saw how much publicity Kyle got for his article on IL and wants a piece of the pie. Biggest difference is the size of the fish. I've never heard of Michael's Computers.

While I think its great he exposed a sham company, he shouldn't expect the same kind of support or kudos the [H] has gotten.

i hate companies that trick ppl :mad: :mad:
ppl buy from companies b/c they dont know how to build a pc by themselves or they really need a pc
and jerks like michael's computers goes and lies to them and rips them off :mad:
i hope michael's computers gets sued or something or killed by a nerd gang

Originally posted by ST|FFY

FELLOW NERDS UNITE!!

kinda seems like go-l computers...but at least go-l sells vapo-chilled computers and solid state HDDs (or so they say :p )

The fact that he's a lying cheating git doesn't really bother me all that much. I certainly wouldn't fall for it. However, his obvious cluelessness REALLY gets on my nerves... From his stationary computer... thing:

"FX-51 3400+"
there's no such thing, dagnabbit!

"... 3D Applications run and render graphics INSTANTLY."
Yeah, right, good luck with that.

"1024 L2 Cache"
1024 what?

"MX8 runs ultra quiet at < .11dba (Absolute Stealth Silent)"
The electrical current going through the computer makes a bigger ruckus than that. And if it's so quiet, why the hell does it have holes on the back for fans?

"3DMark03 Average Score: Intel P4 3.4GHz 17,894"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't an overclocked FX-51 with a Radeon 9800XT get about 7000 on 3DMark03? Or am I confusing it with some other test? I've never used it, so I'm a bit clueless about it...

"8 year warranty"
Somehow I doubt that. This feels awfully Gheedish.

From a press release:

"Apple and Dell's are toys in comparison."
Excuse me while I go "lol" for a while. Apples and Dells (their PPC970/Xeon workstations and servers are everything but toys. Even if you compare it to that hunk of junk he sells. Hell, his computer would get completely slaughtered by even the MP G4s at certain "pro" tasks. Toys? Bah.

"Where people always want the fastest processor and lots of memory (thinking that’s what makes a fast system), they often don't realize that most loading, saving and running comes from the speed of the hard drives that store data. [...]
Michael's Computers developed 500GB Hyperdrives exclusively which function 4X as fast as a single drive and twice as fast as the archaic RAID system."

Uh-huh, sure. Whatever.

"There is no computer on the market that reacts as quickly, performs calculations more quickly or plays games more 3D and in depth."

Again, excuse me while I go "lol". Like a fast computer would play games in more 3D.

Originally posted by Party2go9820
Kinda looks like Tom saw how much publicity Kyle got for his article on IL and wants a piece of the pie. Biggest difference is the size of the fish. I've never heard of Michael's Computers.

While I think its great he exposed a sham company, he shouldn't expect the same kind of support or kudos the [H] has gotten.
I really don't think this has anything to do with HardOCP. There was a company making false claims and Toms pointed it out. In the article it shows they were tipped off by a reader that sent them an email.

heh

if you new anything about hardware you would know that this was total bullshit.

windows 2004 i have that! or is it called longhorn?;)

good thing I passed into the stage of computer literacy 5 years ago to tell these fools apart. oh well, there will always exist the tiger and the sheep alien to the other.

LMAO I was just about to post that, what a loser. He sucks at the internet.

Originally posted by Party2go9820

I'm not sure your point is valid. Tom's gets quite a bit of traffic anyways, and it was time that sombody did some checking up on michalscomputers. I doubt many (if any) [H] readers would fall into the trap, but think about all the people out there who don't really know what't they're doing. How do they know all the hardware he's making up doesn't exist. It sounds like a great buy, with just enough real-sounding information to make sombody fall for it. I'm surprised no-one has done this sooner. I say Kudos to Toms for doing to the work to protect the consumer from fraud.

Oh man, this is just too much. I can't believe the shit some people try to pull.

HA! " this page is temporarily unavailable"

The prob with crap like this is, he prob took a few peoples money who dont have the experience to know better.

Originally posted by defcom_1
How do they know all the hardware he's making up doesn't exist. It sounds like a great buy, with just enough real-sounding information to make sombody fall for it.

To be honest, I think that if you can fool people, get away with it, and not break any laws, go for it. :p People are idiots. Might as well take advantage of it.

While I do agree Tom did a good thing by exposing this scam I'ts not the same as [H] v IL. IL took 15 mil from the market, I doubt michaelscomputers.com ever saw 15 followed by 6 0's on anything other than a hard drive's size.

I also doubt Tom's got jealous of the [H] v IL thing, possible, but I doubt that's the reason they did the article. It's a good article and topic, that's a much more likely reason...

How about it not being about [H] vs. Tom...

I see it as a concerned community Vs. unscrupulous scammers.

Anyone notice near the end of the interview when he saw the camera how scared and pissed off he looked?

Originally posted by ST|FFY
i hate companies that trick ppl :mad: :mad:
ppl buy from companies b/c they dont know how to build a pc by themselves or they really need a pc
and jerks like michael's computers goes and lies to them and rips them off :mad:

Now you know why I go off the deep end everytime I see people thinking of buying OCZ memory.

Originally posted by djnes
Now you know why I go off the deep end everytime I see people thinking of buying OCZ memory.
Recently, OCZ has done much to to overhaul the memory line. Might want to check out a more recent review.

Originally posted by obs
Recently, OCZ has done much to to overhaul the memory line. Might want to check out a more recent review.

Considering they've admitted to paying for those reviews, and all the trustworthy sites have slammed them, I don't think so. MaxPc couldn't even get a slew of their sticks to run at rated speeds on several different boards. Why would anyone EVER trust them when Mushkin, Corsair, Kingston and others are companies of integrity, AND offer better products?

Its all hilarious. I hope to God nobody ever bought from him. I wonder who the hell he is ? How on earth did he even think he could get away with this ? lol.

Not to mention the shady things they have done in the past. Reward good companies like djnes just mentioned with your cash, why give people a second chance when there are much better choices already available?

Originally posted by Phoenix86
Not to mention the shady things they have done in the past. Reward good companies like djnes just mentioned with your cash, why give people a second chance when there are much better choices already available?

this is what i keep telling people, but some people never learn...

Originally posted by Black Morty Rackham
To be honest, I think that if you can fool people, get away with it, and not break any laws, go for it. :p People are idiots. Might as well take advantage of it.

Haha finally someone who shares the grim and egoistic look on life.:D

Hey, i'm happy I got to see the crap before they took it down. Hope he gets hell haha.

This just proves you should always build computers yourself, with the sole exception perhaps being laptops which are albeit a bit hard diy work. Reseller systems can bite it.

Originally posted by SlickJesus
this is what i keep telling people, but some people never learn...
Meh, that is soooooo true, but hey all you can do is try to help them. Well that and laugh and point at them when shit blows up in their faces and you get to say I told you so. :)

Originally posted by Ph0llen
Haha finally someone who shares the grim and egoistic look on life.:D

:D:D:D
While I don't really mind suckers falling for stuff like that, it amuses me even more that the whole scam is revealed. :p

Yeah, i wonder how many people have at least contacted him about getting one of his boxes...not to mention anyone who has actually paypal'd the money... people are idiots.

That interview was hilarious...

He sells to the Navy, Airforce, Marines... I was waiting for him to say NASA!

Something tells me if he was selling anything at all he would be living a little more lavishly.

Hes a fabulous liar lol, ill give him that. Its almost impressive how he thinks on his feet on how to rebound the inquiries from Tom's reviewer. Grab the Interview Here .. its quite funny.

Originally posted by Mojo3k70
He's a fabulous liar...
I'd have to second that, sounds like a major scam.

I do believe that some people "deserve" to get ripped off (I stricltly believe in Natural Selection ;) ) but even this is too much. :(

ERRR I didn't get to see the site. :mad: I thought I smelled bs with go-l but wow this guy must think he's fooling everyone. Who the hell would use paypal to send 2600 bucks? I know I get all numb sending 100 bucks after getting ripped for 60 bucks on ebay. Not that it should be done but this guy didn't even come close to sounding or looking legit which just makes him look even more like an ass.

I still can't believe that shithead on ebay ripped me a new one along with 50 other people...:rolleyes:

Back