Mic reccomendations?

koopaGG

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
3,238
So basically I finally got a nice pair of headphones instead of a headset, now I never talk on vent because my headset sounds like complete garbage comapred to these. I can't use a stand up mic because they are pretty annoying to have sitting there and are almost too sensitive, seems you can hear everything in the room. So I want a microphone, something that isnt too sensitive so its not annoying to listen to on the receiving side, and something that can be conveniently used in tandem with my headphones, so if you guys can recommend me something that would be great, thanks!
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The one my boyfriend and I use is the Zalman clip-on mic that is sold on newegg. (Can also be bought of xoxide too, prices are about the same, but shipping/tax makes a difference). The mic might be on the more sensitive side, but it works perfectly fine. It's nothing too terrible, but like...initially we thought that the mic was of poor quality and was getting a lot of static....turns out it was just picking up the sound from his compy fans. ^^;

So yes, nothing annoying, but it will pick up background sounds.

Anyhow, some linkage for you... =)

Newegg
Xoxide

EDIT: chkMINUS, you beat me to it. =P Though it doesn't have a sensitivity wheel, at least mine doesn't. Just a mic and the clips to attach to the cord (which, btw, is pretty long. A bonus for me, since my Senns have a 10ft cord ^^; )
 
Well, technically you could clip it anywhere you'd like (shirt collar, headphone cord, headphones themselves). Mine I have clipping to the plug that goes into the headphones. There are little clips along the mic wire that can attach to the headphone cable (if said cable is thick enough, some are a bit too thin for it to attach well) so that the wires are a bit more manageable.
 
i know you dont want no boom-mic but look into th logitech digital desktop microphone.
Is USB. SO clear sound..... just ry em and u'll see what i mean. ;) costs about €22...thats
~$30?
 
Back
Top