Mic problem with Auzentech X-FI Prelude 7.1

LOCO LAPTOP

[H]F Junkie
Let me go on to saying this card works great for sounds but the mic is VERY low no one on ventrilo can here me unless I yell or hold the mic next to my mouth, even with mic boost, I know that the port is working since I had plug my radio in it but I had to crank it up so I can here anything. Im using this this card in my primery gaming computer on vista 64bit. I google the problem but I only saw one post saying it's driver problems posted 3months ago. (could very well be.)

I still need to try this on a different computer but I reinstalled the drivers from their website and used the CD with same issues. And also mic works on a different computer.

Are you using a desktop/clip-on mic? I have this problem with the prelude and vista 64 using a zalman clip-on. But when I hold the mic to my mouth it's perfectly loud.

I'm planning on frankensteining the mic off a headset on to my cans to get the mic close to my mouth, but I just got the donor and haven't had a chance to test the mic performance.

Are you using a desktop/clip-on mic? I have this problem with the prelude and vista 64 using a zalman clip-on. But when I hold the mic to my mouth it's perfectly loud.

I'm planning on frankensteining the mic off a headset on to my cans to get the mic close to my mouth, but I just got the donor and haven't had a chance to test the mic performance.

no, but if I hold my mic to my mouth like you did, its fine. Huh. :-/

So the headset with the boom mic still wasn't loud enough... I gave up and put the little onboard sound card in (maximus formula) and used the mic input from there. It allowed me a 30+ mic boost and I can practically whisper into my zalman clip on mic at chest level and it's loud and clear.

On the plus side, no problems running it and the prelude simultaneously (yet)... although I've only had it this way for a couple days and only played BF2.

Back