• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mic keeps muting itself..

jedisme

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
141
Anyone have this problem before? I think I have tried everything to get it to stop muting itself with NO success. Please help, I am using a Zalman clip on mic, and a Creative x-fi gamer.
 
Not so much, no.

Software or hardware muting - is it becoming set to mute in Windows, or is the sound just cutting out? If the latter, could be a loose plug or connection.
 
Sound is not cutting out, I have to go in every so often and unmute it. Very odd problem.
 
Sounds like the most likely scenario is that you have mute bound to a hotkey or a button on your keyboard and are hitting it by accident. Or does anyone else use your computer?
 
I am the only one who uses my computer. This started happening after I did a fresh reformat :)
 
Back
Top