Mic help

Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
11
I have had this strange problem with getting my mic to work and I cannot figure out how to fix it.
Whenever I try to use some sort of voice chat, (Gtalk, Xfire, BF2) it broadcasts my speaker output to the other party.
Any music I play or noises my comp makes, they hear it.
My mic is very quiet in comparison so if I am playing a game, the sounds will generally overwhelm everything I try to say.
I am using the onboard Realtek audio that came with my EVGA 680i.
I had to RMA my mobo due to unrelated issues and I had this problem with both of them.
I also tried using a different mic.
I am using a headset so its obviously not just my mic picking up the sound from my speakers.
If anyone has any idea how to fix this, your help will be greatly appreciated.
 
First, set your mic boost at +20dB and then go into your audio settings and under recording devices, mute every single output except the mic. See if that helps.
 
First, set your mic boost at +20dB and then go into your audio settings and under recording devices, mute every single output except the mic. See if that helps.
Yeah, what he said. You can set it to +20dB by going into the Volume control next to the time in the corner of the screen. In there go into "advance" under "microphone". Also, make sure to mute it, so you don't hear what you say.

I really can't help in this since I run my regular sound through my X-Fi card, and the microphone through the Realtek onboard audio.
 
Sweet thanks.
The microphone boost was already on as that was the first thing I tried :p
I did not think to mute all the other settings though, and that is what fixed it :)
 
Back
Top