Mforce PC Owners...

Heh, Max gave me the quote for a 940 system so it's 1906. :)

Assumed you meant date there and not price. :p

How you made a solid choice and decision yet? you pitch your situation here, MFPC and the Maingear forum.

I decided to go with Max. I like Maingear. I really do but as much as I'd love one of their systems. They're just a weeeeee bit expensive. I mean a weeee bit expensive heh. :)

I decided to go with Max. I like Maingear. I really do but as much as I'd love one of their systems. They're just a weeeeee bit expensive. I mean a weeee bit expensive heh. :)

bekfreak's quote thread is a shrine to how patient Max is.

The thread is 10 pages now. lol

Grats on your purchase.

10 pages? I thought yours and mine were long!
Wait...I need to check how long they are.

edit: 11 pages now for bek and I maxed at 6. Fischervanlines was an epic too.

I just don't believe in pissing money into the wind. I had my father on death's door during December and just got back into the old research stage towards the end of last month once things smoothed out. :)

Yes, he's very patient. And, all of this stuff sorta worked out for me in the end too. I'm going to end up with a very nice computer at the end of this. At least he knows that he doesn't want to have a kodan on his case. :)

Mmm. Looks like the RDenny and Rex builds are top end for a review. I'm going to guess at least $5000 for the one.

Can you imagine Misha at AVA answering questions for 11 pages? By page 2 he'd be biting the customer's head off!:D

Yeah to be honest...Misha was one of the reasons why I was actaully afraid to order from AVA. Joe Mundy was actually very cool on the phone, and he took the time to recommend alternatives with what I was thinking about ordering, but I just had this nagging feeling that if I went with AVA and had a problem that I would be up shit's creek because of the upper management.

That's when I actually decided to create a login at MFPC and give Max a try. That's all she wrote...and I'm fully confident I made the right decision. :)

Thats about what I spent on my system bek and you're getting a little(lot) more juice for your dollar.

As Luta (congrats by the way!) said, customer service is almost non existent, so finding someone who is so helpful with great prices is rare.

I, uh, didn't to the review last night! haha So tonight for sure. ;)

So what's up? Last night for sure?? :)

Okay, I'll be sending Max my money tomorrow afternoon so he can get my parts order in Monday. I just opted to go with the 690 case over the ElementS. I didn't like the slopey top there ... my router gets the spot on top of the PC so we can't have it grounded.

So, Shawn where's our review? :) And, thanks again here for making me feel confident about buying from Max.

He's got some under construction rigs on his forum. There's two sweeet $5000 dream machines on there. RDenny and Rex are the names to look for.

Hey Shawn (or anyone else who bought from Max)....how long did it take for your computer to get to you from ordering it? It's been over two weeks since I've ordered and it hasn't begun assembly yet....getting a little impatient. I know he's been busier than he usually is, but just knowing that all the parts are sitting there at his office collecting dust just makes it worse.

Hey Shawn (or anyone else who bought from Max)....how long did it take for your computer to get to you from ordering it? It's been over two weeks since I've ordered and it hasn't begun assembly yet....getting a little impatient. I know he's been busier than he usually is, but just knowing that all the parts are sitting there at his office collecting dust just makes it worse.

I feel your pain my friend...I feel your pain.

It's going to be awhile. He does some thorough testing and I don't mind that at all.

I've never been a fan of the sites stating they can get a system built, tested and shipped within 3 days. That's a rush job if you ask me and I want mine tested to the hilt.

Impatience is bound to happen, and I felt it too, but I can almost guarantee that the parts aren't just sitting there.

Hang in there bro, it'll come.

Oh it wouldn't be nearly as bad if I were simply waiting for the testing and whatnot...hiccups with a part not working...etc. But the parts have been there since early last week except the video card which had to be sent back because I guess there was physical damage to the original during shipment. The replacement card got there late last week according to what Max said when I asked him.

Going by my estimates there's one system that just started last night, and I believe 3 more before mine even gets thought about being assembled. That's what makes me a sad panda...prolly be another week or two before mine gets started.

Build time is about the last thing I consider.Naturally,when you're spending a lot you get a little anxious to fire up your new system,but I'd rather they take their time and do things right.As hard as it is to wait,I think it would be more of a downer to get a system fast and find out you got a lemon.

It seems that once he get's started it doesn't take him long. I have a feeling poor Max maybe sleeping in that office these days. I'm going to end up having to ask to put a 1TB drive over that 640gb HD...You know I'll kick myself on that. And, yup I'd rather have things working right than have to ship it back constantly.

My order no is 133. Dogmilk is 125. I have ten people ahead of me with two on the line now. I figured now would be a good time to get my parts ordered and all that so by the time he gets to me it won't be an issue.

I think I came across the wrong way here. I don't mean to sound like a whiney bitch or anything. At first I was curious about Max's turn-around times from past customers because I was told typically it was a 2 to 3 week process. Which was fine with me...I went into this knowing full well that it wasn't going to be a rush job, and that was something that made me feel better about going with Max.

I voiced frustration because what I was expecting is obviously going to be an impossibility now. Especially with the fact that I know there's still a good 2 or 3 customers that I believe ordered the day before me or the same day that I did...so I'm gathering it's going to be at least another week or two before my parts are going start the assembly process.

So I guess I should ask....should I be expecting a 5 week turn around time from the time I ordered? Was there something that came up during testing that delayed yours so much bbartlett?

PS. I'm not bad mouthing Max in any way, shape, or form. Hell, I've sent a buddy of mine to his site just the other day. I know I'm going to get a good computer...I'll just have to wait longer than I thought I would in order to get it. :)

I blame those damn $5,000 computers. ;) I'm gonna say three at the most four myself. I hear even Maingear can have you waiting for around the same amount of time. Someone I read on resellers waited five weeks. :eek:

I blame those damn $5,000 computers. ;) I'm gonna say three at the most four myself.

lol I think you're onto something there...

I need to ask though...can you clarify what you meant by the 2nd part of what you said? I'm scratching my head trying to figure what you mean? lol

It seems like the wait right now is more like three to four weeks due to the delays. We also had to deal with the joys of two federal holidays too so it likely made for wonders with getting parts in. I got two after you before mine will get built.

rDenny's still being OCed and Tested. I ran that thing on the config and it's over $6000. :eek:

Good god that's insane. For some reason I can't get the configurator to work for me. Most of the drop down menus are blank for me. I wonder when he placed his order?

Use the revolution i7 unless he's updating it. Woooah, he just listed Cactus' lastnight and it's in the OC and testing stage already. I knew he could put them together like nobody's business but wooah.

From what I read at his forum,they're completely redoing the configurators so they reflect changes in pricing and parts selection.The current ones give you an estimate of the costs,but ask for a quote in the forum and you usually find the prices are lower.

Heh, all this is making Max super busy. He has been a little slow to respond on his forum but that's okay. I'm just waiting on my case, mobo, and I upgraded the HD to a WD 1TB Black from the 640 gig.

I also have about 3 or 4 people ahead of me too on his que.

Yeah, as it turned out due to having to reorder replacement/new items for some of the customers in front of me, I ended up getting my system built late last week with testing throughout the weekend. Provided all the testing went well (last update yesterday there were no problems) then my system should be shipping out hopefully tomorrow! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything's coming out ok, but I know Max will make sure it's performing as well as any of us could possibly hope. I'm not having any kind of overclocking done so I'm sure that sped up the testing portion.

I might have to pick out parts in stock mainly the mother board and case. But this might not matter due to having those people still in que waiting on their parts. I may end up with the ElementS and the UD5 if the parts don't make it in.

get your machine yet get large? I'm just waiting on my psu (got upgraded from a 750 to 850w...750's were sold out) and I'll be seeing those pictures next week. Boy, it'll make a good birthday gift! :D

LOL You got good timing bek....just got my computer from Max today. Man this thing is FAST!! Anything I throw at it...it just eats it up. WoW with all settings max'd as far as I can...over 30 fps in Dalaran. I kind of figured it would be a little bit higher, but from what I'm gathering from people in my guild is that they couldn't even imagine getting that high of frame rate in Dalaran.... Over 130 fps in IF as well.

Gonna install Crysis on it this weekend and see how that game is. Never played it cause I hate having to turn everything down really low...now I won't have to and now I can actually try it out. lol

I'll do a more of a formal review in a few days after I've been able to mess around with it a little bit more.

I never got into WoW. I'm just half tempted to get it and just see how mine handles it. I got my system OCed to 3.6ghz. Next week I should see mine go up on the assembly line. :D

It will be over 5 weeks before mine arrives. 3 weeks was the estimate for me as well.

bek, pay for faster shipping. My machine will have been in the hands of fedex for 7 straight days by the time it arrives. Ground blows.

Don't waste your time getting wow as a rig test. Get a current game. Any of the new machines that Max is likely to put together will destroy wow

Don't waste your time getting wow as a rig test. Get a current game. Any of the new machines that Max is likely to put together will destroy wow

I agree with what you said here with an exception. Old school WoW and the first expansion were very friendly to video cards for sure. I had absolutely no problem with that content on my old computer. Then came the latest expansion and in Dalaran or in 25 man raids it would make my old computer cry for sure. Now my new computer from Max simply laughs at all the older content, and flinches a tiny bit at the newer stuff with everything max'd out as high as I can take it.

Back