Mforce PC Owners...

As to getting "no machine", well, that would be criminal and despite being somewhat new to the scene, I certainly don't think there's any reason to believe that this company is a criminal enterprise :p

I'm not suggesting any criminal intent on the part of anyone. (For instance, I don't think Flagship studios was criminal when they went belly up on Hellgate:London; utterly incompetent, maybe, but not criminal). But if a small company folds (small businesses close down all the time, often with even worse consequences for the owner than the customers) what recourse do you have? Maybe contest your credit card charges. At least with a large company like circuit city they had farmed out their service contracts to third parties.

Maybe things would work out great with a less-established small company, and I dare say most likely they would here. But things can go pretty bad when they go bad:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1132728

Ahh. I see what you mean. It certainly would be just awful to be someone caught in that gap between order placement and company closure.

That being said, there's no evidence at all that MFPC is struggling. It's just a couple of us speculating that the owner must be running with incredibly tight margins and may have minimal staff. The good side of that is that his overhead is probably low if it's just him or if he just has a few employees. No idea what his facilities are like but it does appear to be an office environment from the pictures so it's not like this is some guy in his basement.

The way I look at it, the markup is so reasonable that even if all you get is nice assembly and *no* support, for many of us that would be just fine. To get a 3 year warranty out of the other commonly named builders, you pay 200-300. At MFPC it's standard and if the support is ever questionable down the line, well, then you have that nice cushion you saved in the initial price to help make yourself whole.

If, on the other hand, this company continues to deliver in the way that every review thus far says they do, and you get that level of service for 3 years, well, then I'd say that the customer is really hitting a home run.

He may also provide services for people in the area for his shop...upgrades, repairs, and some other services too. And, he could of been in his area for a good while before branching out to doing custom builds online. I would suspect a pretty small staff in an office environment.

Falcon NW, Maingear, Digital Storm, or Puget could go belly up too even if they've been around for almost ten years or more.

Actually,Monarch really doesn't fit the description of a small,less established business.They were around for many years,and had gotten pretty big.It wasn't economic conditions that killed them,but the greed of the owners.

That would explain taking the money away and running with it. We had a company like that here. I bought a PC off them and then my aunt went to buy one .. never got it. The guy's in prison now.

MFPC seems very low key and not after the people's money. I'll be happy if he lasts two years of the warranty and if he lasts till the need for another PC. Great! Sadly, the people that built my current system are no longer there. It was nice to watch him pick up two customers just now. I just hope he doesn't bite off more than he'll be able to chew. I'll be putting my order in three weeks so hopefully he still has that low turn out.

Bekfreak....just wanted to let you know that I've been really impressed with that place so far (not saying the name because apparently it can get you banned here) and much of it has to do with what you and quite a few others have been saying about them. He has replied several times to my request for a quote so far today with several different configurations.

The prices all seem very competetive with the other place I'm looking at, AVA Direct, and we'll see where I go from here. Seeing that both are around the same price I guess it all boils down to I feel more comfortable with in the long run. I've heard all the negative things about AVA being said here, but I've also heard a lot of good things as well. So we'll see what happens.

The AVA stuff scared me too much. I didn't mind Digital Storm or MG. They seem like good places but just a lil expensive.

Bekfreak....just wanted to let you know that I've been really impressed with that place so far (not saying the name because apparently it can get you banned here) and much of it has to do with what you and quite a few others have been saying about them. He has replied several times to my request for a quote so far today with several different configurations.

The prices all seem very competetive with the other place I'm looking at, AVA Direct, and we'll see where I go from here. Seeing that both are around the same price I guess it all boils down to I feel more comfortable with in the long run. I've heard all the negative things about AVA being said here, but I've also heard a lot of good things as well. So we'll see what happens.

For a whole month! lol

Heh, Max needs to send hardoc a pc to get reviewed. I'd still would like to know more about the company itself. How long it really has been around if he was around doing stuff locally, how many people he has working for him, and that kind of stuff.

His turn around in build times with these few guys seems to be going well. He reordered someone's case for a few scratches in it. Carl's in the testing and oc stage. He'll be shipped prolly by the end of the week I bet. wkstockwell and luta are already shipped or in the process of being shipped. Still not a bad turn around on these systems.

I'll be ordering my computer from Max this weekend. I was originally going to go with AVA, but for reasons I won't discuss here, I decided to go with Max after all.

I'll let you all know what I think when I get the system. :)

I've been looking primarily at Dell and Maingear for my PC. Is there a link for mforce?

I just browsed Digital Storm and I like how flexible their choices are. Never heard of them before this thread.

Okay, I visited with a better intention the brick and mortar place. They seemed to be a good bunch but I was sorta put off. I did a cut and paste of the system Max intended for me. They seemed to find a little humor that I did this down to the case. I was like it was from an online boutique's config system ala Max. They do more AMD builds and while they will do an Intel build they didn't really seem to know them well. AMD fanboys. 'Intel runs hot and and they're expensive.' 'OCing we don't due because it voids out the warranty and AMD's don't clock well.' I told them that I have two online boutique builders. I listed Maingear as the first figuring it would be known to'em. Nope they never heard of Maingear.

So, I'm gonna see what price they give me on both a stock 920 and 940. The best given advice was to stay clear of Seagate. They do repairs and they're having LOTS of problems with their hds lately and to go with WD instead. Warranty is good for a year but they'll still help you out for a year. A bit like Max's of dealing with like Evega etc.

Still, I didn't get the feel from them that I did with Max. I'm gonna see what happens come Monday. The big plus is I free up $80, close and I can drive it down the block for repairs/upgrades.

Okay, I visited with a better intention the brick and mortar place. They seemed to be a good bunch but I was sorta put off. I did a cut and paste of the system Max intended for me. They seemed to find a little humor that I did this down to the case. I was like it was from an online boutique's config system ala Max. They do more AMD builds and while they will do an Intel build they didn't really seem to know them well. AMD fanboys. 'Intel runs hot and and they're expensive.' 'OCing we don't due because it voids out the warranty and AMD's don't clock well.' I told them that I have two online boutique builders. I listed Maingear as the first figuring it would be known to'em. Nope they never heard of Maingear.

So, I'm gonna see what price they give me on both a stock 920 and 940. The best given advice was to stay clear of Seagate. They do repairs and they're having LOTS of problems with their hds lately and to go with WD instead. Warranty is good for a year but they'll still help you out for a year. A bit like Max's of dealing with like Evega etc.

Still, I didn't get the feel from them that I did with Max. I'm gonna see what happens come Monday. The big plus is I free up $80, close and I can drive it down the block for repairs/upgrades.

Intel's stock fans are not too great and Seagate released a firmware update recently.

I did a cut and paste with the request of the V8 in there over the stock fan. They missed it completely.

I feel like this place specializes in making a Volvo when I'm asking them to build a Ferrari. I think that it's not really a good idea to go with them when I feel to be further on the ball than they are.

Most local assembly businesses are not intended for the enthusiast market. They build mid-range basic PC's. Not screaming gaming rigs. They cater to local businesses and your typical consumer.

Now, I'm sure that they're fine for making sure the parts work and can build a fine basic rig but if you're wanting brand new tech, they're probably not the right place.

I chose Mforce for all of the reasons listed here and elsewhere.

I've been looking primarily at Dell and Maingear for my PC. Is there a link for mforce?

I just browsed Digital Storm and I like how flexible their choices are. Never heard of them before this thread.

The link to his site....it's a bannable offense to circumvent the spelling filter of the sites name here for some reason. I'll PM you with a clue how to figure it out though.

If you go to his site, just create a profile on his forums and leave a post in there asking for what you want in a computer. He'll give you a quote with a list of parts that you specified, or if you don't have specific parts in mind, a quote with parts that are of good quality. The configurator on his site isn't very up to date for the most part. He's very easy to get along with and surprisingly enough, he loves to answer questions. Much more patience than I have. lol

Very glad so far that I've ordered where I did (just ordered last night). But yeah I liked Digital Storm's website as well when I was searching around for someone to buy from. Looks like they use good parts, and I've also heard good things about them as well. :)

Edit: For some reason I can't select an option to PM you. Maybe someone else can do it for me...

If someone can't google it after reading this thread then they probably need a Dell anyway

:D

I got it but I didn't realize it was "super-secret" code. I was just taking it at face value and wondering why I couldn't pull it up. :)

These local kids still haven't responded with a quote. At this point they aren't getting money from me. I'd rather give it to Max.

Awesome rbanzai.

My new machine is in progress with Max right now. Can't wait.

Awesome rbanzai.

My new machine is in progress with Max right now. Can't wait.

What's your user name there? I'm using the same user name as here, and I just ordered this past weekend. All the parts should have been ordered today, and he said he should expect to have everything in by the end of the week. I can't wait....this new system is such an upgrade over my desktop at home. :)

Reviews? I am still waiting to see your post, Shawn! =)

Or was that the reason for your little "leave of absence"?

Frickin elephants...don't forget nothing you lot...just like my wife. :D

Pics will be posted tonight along with a MINI review.

Frickin elephants...don't forget nothing you lot...just like my wife. :D

Pics will be posted tonight along with a MINI review.

Suuuure.

Been hearing that since August.

And wtf is hawk talking about. He hasnt posted his either! :p

:eek:

Damn EVEGA ending their 280 sale and looks like a few sales ended too. :p Blah. I'm now having to rework everything back into something that'll make me happy.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that I just bought a new system from Max and as you can probably tell I post over at his forum as LutaLivre.

The system so far has been great. Customer service from Max has been top notch since I started the whole process of ordering the system.

This is the first system I have purchased from a builder since for the last 15 years or so I've been building my own. Before going with Max I checked out a few other online places as well as a few local shops and the local shops were just ridiculously priced (as well as a few online shops for that matter)

I went with Max initially because he is very responsive when you ask questions and seems really patient, I was really impressed by how fast he gets back to you when you have a question. Customer service is practically non existent in this day and age so I was pleasantly surprised by Max.

Overall, I'm a big believer in giving my business to smaller shops especially when they take care of you as a customer. I would highly recommend going with Max if your looking for a custom system.

As far as the system goes, everything is top notch so far! I've had it for under a week but I've been putting it through its paces already (playing FPS games, running VM's and etc) and no hiccups at all. Definitely satisfied with the system he put together.

Well, I got close sure it's not the nice $2016 that I had. I was going to drop down to a mid tower too! I know I was gonna try to keep in budget with in the $2000 area...I was sitting in work thinking if I don't put in what I want that I'll kick myself later. I do plan to get a second monitor and when they drop in price a blu-ray drive. (Moot point without an HD monitor to back it up). I wouldn't mind a tuner card and dedicated soundcard too...can come later. This leaves me with a nice entertainment center in the bird room/my computer room. :)

As for Max. The man is a one of a kind. I'm sure they're out there but they seem to hide themselves pretty well. So, here's what I'll be putting $2200 down for.

Thermaltake Element S
Corsair TX-750W SLI/Crossfire Capable
Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 3.6GHz 8MB
Cooler Master V8
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P
Super Talent DDR3-1600 6GB (3x2G CL9
Western Digital WD3200AAKS 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB
Western Digital WD6400AAKS 640GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB
Lite-On IHAS422-08 LightScribe 22X SATA DVD+/-RW
Lite-On IHDS118-04 18X SATA DVD-ROM
BFG nVidia GeForce 280 GTX 1GB
Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit

I may swap the case for a NZXT Tempest. I don't have the under desk area for a full tower.as much as I like the Cosmos.

Thats about what I spent on my system bek and you're getting a little(lot) more juice for your dollar.

As Luta (congrats by the way!) said, customer service is almost non existent, so finding someone who is so helpful with great prices is rare.

I, uh, didn't to the review last night! haha So tonight for sure. ;)

Back