• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Metro Redux

Has anyone with an Nvidia card played Last Light Redux since the last patch. I'm experiencing frequent driver crashes. There are quite a few people on the steam forum with the same issue, but i'd feel a lot better if a [H] member can confirm this. Just got a GTX 980 SC and want to make sure its not the card.
 
Has anyone with an Nvidia card played Last Light Redux since the last patch. I'm experiencing frequent driver crashes. There are quite a few people on the steam forum with the same issue, but i'd feel a lot better if a [H] member can confirm this. Just got a GTX 980 SC and want to make sure its not the card.

no crashes. 340.52, win8. but im (still) using a 680 @ 1228/3506

@Hulk: last light seems improved and runs smoother, but thats it.
 
no crashes. 340.52, win8. but im (still) using a 680 @ 1228/3506

@Hulk: last light seems improved and runs smoother, but thats it.

I turned off advanced physx, and it seems to run fine. I'm using the latest 344.16 drivers.
 
I turned off advanced physx, and it seems to run fine. I'm using the latest 344.16 drivers.

i really dont get why the fuck people do that with nvidia cards, i never had any trouble with physx since the first 2033 in 2010
 
Why don't you read a couple posts back. He was having issues with the game, turned off gimmx and it works. ???
 
Didn't even finish the first level. Not sure why I keep doing this to myself. Purchased the redux bundle and haven't touched it since graphics weren't all that great. Oh well only 17.5 bucks wasted.
 
Even though I finished the game I never really enjoyed it. Too claustrophobic.
 
Has anyone with an Nvidia card played Last Light Redux since the last patch. I'm experiencing frequent driver crashes. There are quite a few people on the steam forum with the same issue, but i'd feel a lot better if a [H] member can confirm this. Just got a GTX 980 SC and want to make sure its not the card.

Try it with a negative offset of -40-50 and see if you still get driver crashes. EVGA isn't binning their factory OC'd cards well and Metro Redux is pushing the GPU like no other game on the market. I have the same problem with my 780ti SC, its stable in all games and benches but Metro. Lowering the core a little bit helped to get rid of the crashes.
 
Try it with a negative offset of -40-50 and see if you still get driver crashes. EVGA isn't binning their factory OC'd cards well and Metro Redux is pushing the GPU like no other game on the market. I have the same problem with my 780ti SC, its stable in all games and benches but Metro. Lowering the core a little bit helped to get rid of the crashes.

Interesting, I will try this when I get home, I'll also try doing a clean install of the 344.11 non beta.

Its funny Ive been playing Crysis 3 and all other games with no problems, I have also ran several loops of Firestrike and no problems. If anyone cares to look there is quite a few people on steam forums having the same issue, granted their are a lot of non-computer savvy folks posting. I wont rule out its my card though, I have been burned in the past by waiting to long (XFX 7970).
 
Last edited:
Interesting, I will try this when I get home, I'll also try doing a clean install of the 344.11 non beta.

Its funny Ive been playing Crysis 3 and all other games with no problems, I have also ran several loops of Firestrike and no problems. If anyone cares to look there is quite a few people on steam forums having the same issue, granted their are a lot of non-computer savvy folks posting. I wont rule out its my card though, I have been burned in the past by waiting to long (XFX 7970).

Savvyy.png


or it could be something simple as a single global setting on the driver. i only install the main driver and the physx software, all the rest is useless except if youre using 3d or monitor speakers, then theres specific software on the driver package for that.
 
and, oh yeah, please, for fucks sake, you guys are running these games in russian with english subtitles arent you? cmon! seriously!

savvy? :D
 
screenshots, basic settings on how im running these games:

2033, fov edited to 55, vsync forced off on the driver:

kVNsFOY.jpg

x6EBeOB.jpg

wrPFERM.jpg

MXYc1ao.jpg


2034 redux, fov edited to 59.625, vsync set to adaptive on the driver:

26pRzhA.jpg

BHbqh06.jpg

QW950bw.jpg


global settings after a driver install are always this for the last years, physx were always set manually to run on the gpu, no bugs no matter the game, old, new, or with emulators, its in fucking brazilian but i guess you get what it means, or else translate or ask me.

RdGFjHY.jpg


this is how it runs on a 680 on a flawless system, if not on a clusterfucked software OS i-dont-know-whats-going-on hell, most of you guys should run it better.
 
screenshots, basic settings on how im running these games:

2033, fov edited to 55, vsync forced off on the driver:

kVNsFOY.jpg

x6EBeOB.jpg

wrPFERM.jpg

MXYc1ao.jpg


2034 redux, fov edited to 59.625, vsync set to adaptive on the driver:

26pRzhA.jpg

BHbqh06.jpg

QW950bw.jpg


global settings after a driver install are always this for the last years, physx were always set manually to run on the gpu, no bugs no matter the game, old, new, or with emulators, its in fucking brazilian but i guess you get what it means, or else translate or ask me.

RdGFjHY.jpg


this is how it runs on a 680 on a flawless system, if not on a clusterfucked software OS i-dont-know-whats-going-on hell, most of you guys should run it better.

I put back in my GTX 780 SC and all is fine with physx enabled. Im gonna hold out a bit, and see if another [H] member with a 900 series card is having the same issue in LL redux before I RMA.
 
I put back in my GTX 780 SC and all is fine with physx enabled. Im gonna hold out a bit, and see if another [H] member with a 900 series card is having the same issue in LL redux before I RMA.

ah, i was thinking, im using for more than a year this win instalation, one of the first things i do is manually install the dx10 package (directx_Jun2010_redist.exe full from the ms site, not the web install crap) and the .net framework 3.5 (on the add/remove win stuff on the program and features on the control panel), another thing is i have all of this assorted madness of vcredist packages and the respective updates installed, some games wont even start without those. I honestly dont think the problem is on your vga, try this first, it has to work. :)

000001.jpg


000002.jpg
 
ah, i was thinking, im using for more than a year this win instalation, one of the first things i do is manually install the dx10 package (directx_Jun2010_redist.exe full from the ms site, not the web install crap) and the .net framework 3.5 (on the add/remove win stuff on the program and features on the control panel), another thing is i have all of this assorted madness of vcredist packages and the respective updates installed, some games wont even start without those. I honestly dont think the problem is on your vga, try this first, it has to work. :)

000001.jpg


000002.jpg

Ill give it a try.
 
Ill give it a try.

i decided to take a look on the steam forum, its pretty ugly there, but since we are dealing with logical systems it must have a reason for this problems, so i decided this is it, i couldnt care less about them but here we're gonna fix this shit once and for all. no more bashing on one of my favorite games, if im annoyed, you will be annoyed, grrrr!
 
i decided to take a look on the steam forum, its pretty ugly there, but since we are dealing with logical systems it must have a reason for this problems, so i decided this is it, i couldnt care less about them but here we're gonna fix this shit once and for all. no more bashing on one of my favorite games, if im annoyed, you will be annoyed, grrrr!

I have installed all the above, and it still crashes. The good news is I installed the original Last light and ran 20 loops of the benchmark with no issues, couldnt even make it pass 4 on redux, 3 usually lol(several attempts). I think its safe to say its not the card.
 
I have installed all the above, and it still crashes. The good news is I installed the original Last light and ran 20 loops of the benchmark with no issues, couldnt even make it pass 4 on redux, 3 usually lol(several attempts). I think its safe to say its not the card.

pretty cool, youre very persistent. so it must be driver or game related with these last generation nvidia cards because i ran both redux to the end without issues. well i guess they'll fix soon enough. hey did you try the first 2033? it is gorgeous man, ranger easy is pretty tough already :)
 
Back
Top