• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Metro Redux

pretty cool, is not just graphics, it requires a new set of rules for playing it, no more playing metro 2033 on auto-pilot lol. i started as survival -> ranger, getting fucked here and there, creatures are faster and smarter, im loving it.
 
nnnnnnnggghhhnyaaaaaaHHHHH!!!! :D

@Solhokuten: runs like a boss, looks like a dream, what are your drive settings? physX -> always select to run on the gpu and the metro.exe must be manually set to run as admin (on .exe options tab)

That seems to have helped a lot, strange because I have physx turned off in game.

Are any of you guys getting unusually high video cards temps playing this?
 
If this game doesn't stress a video card, dunno what will. Will report back tempratures when I try it tonight.
 
If this game doesn't stress a video card, dunno what will. Will report back tempratures when I try it tonight.

I was maxing out at 67C@1080P, but with 1440P I am getting well over 80C. I've never seen my card get this hot. There maybe something else going on with my rig, not sure yet.

FYI: This is on 2033 Redux, have not tried LL yet.
 
im getting constantly fucked! different game, different set of rules, should had started on a easier setting for the first run, but now is too late, aint doing it from the beginning again, bah! :D

i will put a disclaimer here: so far i am not *all* that impressed with the new look and everything, if someone is thinking of buying this game again, take my opinions with a little pinch of salt because im such a metro series fanboy.. :p
 
new to metro, just need something till civ comes out. which version should i get? (or play first if i get both?)
 
Ok my temps are back to normal, had some major dust build up lol. Thanks for your help D4kn3ss, really enjoying redux now.
 
im getting constantly fucked! different game, different set of rules, should had started on a easier setting for the first run, but now is too late, aint doing it from the beginning again, bah! :D

i will put a disclaimer here: so far i am not *all* that impressed with the new look and everything, if someone is thinking of buying this game again, take my opinions with a little pinch of salt because im such a metro series fanboy.. :p

What setting are you playing on? I just started a game on Hardcore. Never played either Metro title more than about an hour, so wouldn't know what would be different in terms of difficulty. Wonder if I should've started on Normal for 1st playthrough?
 
What setting are you playing on? I just started a game on Hardcore. Never played either Metro title more than about an hour, so wouldn't know what would be different in terms of difficulty. Wonder if I should've started on Normal for 1st playthrough?

i started as survival -> ranger. this game is fairly easy, i think you be fine on hardcore, might enjoy even more. what makes a big difference is the first setting, when you choose between survival or spartan, if you chose survival and then hardcore my guess is youre gonna have a hard time, not fine for a first run. survival is lack of ammo and gas mask filters, if you dont know your way around the game youre fucked! :D
 
Damn I thought they would have fixed the gunplay in the redux version, nope, still terrible. Serious question: what is it about eastern European made FPS games and terrible gunplay?

Metro and the Stalker series have the worst fucking gunplay of any FPS games I have ever played. It almost ruins the game IMO.
 
Played the prolog. Not impressed by visuals at all. Gunplay with Spartan is fine though.
 
Played the prolog. Not impressed by visuals at all. Gunplay with Spartan is fine though.

I actually think the gun-play is above average in 2033 redux, never played the original. Im also quite impressed with the visuals. I'm not sure I can think of a better looking fps besides Crysis 3, although I hear Arma 3 is quite impressive.
 
Damn I thought they would have fixed the gunplay in the redux version, nope, still terrible. Serious question: what is it about eastern European made FPS games and terrible gunplay?

Metro and the Stalker series have the worst fucking gunplay of any FPS games I have ever played. It almost ruins the game IMO.
You mean gun mechanics with actual kickback? Also, the game explains early on that the ammo you get is hand made from scraps, so it's not going to have the accuracy or range of manufactured ammo. You can use the game's currency, military-grade ammunition, in your guns for more power and accuracy if you so choose. I like the gunplay in the Metro series because it always seemed more realistic to me than other FPS games. This reminds me of how people complain about combat in Silent Hill...
 
You mean gun mechanics with actual kickback? Also, the game explains early on that the ammo you get is hand made from scraps, so it's not going to have the accuracy or range of manufactured ammo. You can use the game's currency, military-grade ammunition, in your guns for more power and accuracy if you so choose. I like the gunplay in the Metro series because it always seemed more realistic to me than other FPS games. This reminds me of how people complain about combat in Silent Hill...

Biggest problem I had with 2033 was the inconsistent damage. Didn’t kill the game but was odd how one enemy would go down in a few hits the next would be a complete bullet sponge.
 
Biggest problem I had with 2033 was the inconsistent damage. Didn’t kill the game but was odd how one enemy would go down in a few hits the next would be a complete bullet sponge.

you mean like one headshot -> kill.

armored dude: headshot -> helmet, few more rounds -> helmet off -> one shot kill.

check what kind of armor theyre using. also, fully charged (overcharged) volt-driver or fully charged (overpressured) tikhar -> goes through armor, one shot in the head kill anything.
 
oook.. librarians -> immortal. four knives on its chest and it keeps coming at me (with me seeing the knives on him), several rounds of a overpressured tikhar plus a few buckshots, and its dead. i guess im fucked, playing on survival i dont have enough bullets to take more than two or three down.. will have to "stare" them down, but i dont think i have enough gas mask filters for that, hmmm... doubts, doubts.. died three times in a row.. hmmm.. well, cool! will figure it out! :D
 
yep, staring works, didnt had to shoot a single round! and it had gas mask filters along the way, library sub-level now! :D

bertstare.jpg
 
yay finished!!! survival ranger - good ending! now i want to see when i start a new game on last light redux theyre gonna say "continuing from 2033, our hero blowed everything to smitheroons, with nukes" and i will say in front of the monitor: I DID NOT!! :D
 
Started LL and holy shit does this game heat up my GPU. Nothing, no other game I have played on with this 780 has ever gotten my GPU over 72c. Last light is topping me off in the 80c range. So I tested out Bf4 @ 99% GPU usage for a couple matches, never got over 60c. I wonder what in the world could be causing this in a single game? Drivers? Bugged setting? Weird indeed.
 
72c isn't bad at all. But, yes, the Metro games tend to heat my cards up a bit more than most games.
 
Started LL and holy shit does this game heat up my GPU. Nothing, no other game I have played on with this 780 has ever gotten my GPU over 72c. Last light is topping me off in the 80c range. So I tested out Bf4 @ 99% GPU usage for a couple matches, never got over 60c. I wonder what in the world could be causing this in a single game? Drivers? Bugged setting? Weird indeed.

I get about the same, though I no longer get in the 80c range after clearing the dust out of my GPU heatsink.
 
i only palyed the first metro and it was pretty difficult. stopped playing after but might start again with this one. looks very good
 
Just started this up and wow, that SSAA option crucified my 670! Thanks to the built-in benchmark, I isolated it as the culprit for cutting my frame rate from 23 with it on to 39 with it off at 1080 with everything else maxxed out.

I'm sure looking forward to getting that 970 later this month!
 
hey i finished both on survival - ranger with the alternate ending on 2033 and default ending on LL, just started a new game on 2033 as spartan - hardcore, if anyone has any doubt, ask away :)
 
Started LL and holy shit does this game heat up my GPU. Nothing, no other game I have played on with this 780 has ever gotten my GPU over 72c. Last light is topping me off in the 80c range. So I tested out Bf4 @ 99% GPU usage for a couple matches, never got over 60c. I wonder what in the world could be causing this in a single game? Drivers? Bugged setting? Weird indeed.

Are you using the latest 340.52 Nvidia drivers? In the release notes for 340.52 can be found the comment "In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for Metro: Redux and Final Fantasy XIV (China)."
 
If a game makes the gpu card go a bit hot it means its a well optimized game that uses the features of the card well no? or like when doom3 came out it was the first game to use certain parts of video cards that never been used and many people complained they got weird artifacts or crashes i remember, metro games have always been good looking and demanding.
 
I actually think the gun-play is above average in 2033 redux, never played the original. Im also quite impressed with the visuals. I'm not sure I can think of a better looking fps besides Crysis 3, although I hear Arma 3 is quite impressive.

Arma 3 looks impressive if you are OK with 20-25 fps on a high end machine
 
i only palyed the first metro and it was pretty difficult. stopped playing after but might start again with this one. looks very good

I thought the second was much better. I hated how the first game forced you to stealth, in certain areas, and if you went in guns blazing the AI had perfect aim and incredible damage.
 
hey i finished both on survival - ranger with the alternate ending on 2033 and default ending on LL, just started a new game on 2033 as spartan - hardcore, if anyone has any doubt, ask away :)

How do you get the alternate ending in 2033?
 
hah! is freaking hilarious to shoot steel arrows on peoples faces with that Helsing gun!
 
Loved both original games, and while I agree the updates to LL did not justify the price, I bought both Reduxes on Steam anyway (at the pre-owner discount). Enjoyed them thoroughly AGAIN! :D

Sooo how do you do that?

heh! its a set of rules, basically its a lot of things you have to do and not do, its not simple to put on a single post. but its not difficult to find a guide on the web :)

Actually it is not that difficult.

!!!SPOILER!!!

It is the difference between shooting the Dark One (doing nothing works the same), or shooting the laser designator. First gives you "bad" ending, later gives you "good" ending.
 
Last edited:
Actually it is not that difficult.

!!!SPOILER!!!

It is the difference between shooting the Dark One (doing nothing works the same), or shooting the laser designator. First gives you "bad" ending, later gives you "good" ending.

nnngh fucking monday... yaaaaaaahn! nngh.. coffee..

<..omg look, a fucking genious...> ..you dont have this choice on the original metro if you dont play "right", example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJdgvk3geMA

so, i take its just like that on the shortbus 2033 huh? blegh, another thing on the huge list of things they made easy, thats why i nicknamed it "shortbus 2033" on the other thread.. well, chalk this up on that list too :p

<nngh wheres fucking marlboro..>
 
Frraksurred, please use spoiler tags instead of just saying !!!SPOILER!!!. You're going to want to naturally read whatever is after that :p.

[
spoiler=insert text here]Spoiled you all.[/spoiler]

(Delete the break return after the first square bracket.)
 
fuck, i started the original 2033 tuesday night and.. sweet mother of jebus the soon to be tortured sandmonkey, what-the-fuck, the WHOLE friggin' thing looks WAY BETTER! e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! unbeliaveble. i guess its been some time since i last played it.

bah, im chalking the $ as a tip this time. and is good to know that all of what them console people have is a childish shitty bad ported pc game, kinda fun though, but is not metro 2033 ;)
 
Back
Top