• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Metro Redux

octoberasian

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
4,081
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/22/metro-redux-officially-announced-with-debut-trailer/
First it was rumoured, then that rumour was confirmed, and now it's been officially announced. Metro Redux is a real thing and, for us PC gamers, it's also a bit of an odd one. It takes the two Metro games and bundles them into a re-released and upgraded package.
Yep, Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light in one, with Metro 2033 ported entirely to Last Light's graphics engine.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u_i_aUNXxI
 
I would very much like to experience Metro 2033 in all it's glory but — as the information that is circulating seems to indicate — having to repurchase the game to do so is not something compelling to me at this point in time.
 
fuuuuck iiiiit, i'll buy them BOTH again!!!!!

17HfS2c.gif
 
The graphics were already very good, seems like a waste of time to port them over.
 
Already own both, but I never played much of 2033 (laptop wasn't up to it at the time.)

I went ahead and purchased both off Steam for ~$25 as a show of support. Hopefully it will help them produce a third game in the series.
 
I'm going to pass. Already own both for the PC , don't need a somewhat superior version of the original game.

Seems like a waste of time when they should be focusing on another Metro series game.
 
I'm going to pass. Already own both for the PC , don't need a somewhat superior version of the original game.

Seems like a waste of time when they should be focusing on another Metro series game.

If I have to make a choice I definitely agree: I'd rather have a new game.
 
I got the first Metro but I never finished it. Was thinking about getting back into it once I finished Tomb Raider.
Now hearing this news, I will wait until this is released.
 
Man... I should have waited to get Last Light.

Oh well, too bad more studios don't off this kind of thing... Morrowind on the Skyrim engine sounds nice! :D
 
I'm going to pass. Already own both for the PC , don't need a somewhat superior version of the original game.

Seems like a waste of time when they should be focusing on another Metro series game.

They're spending the time because PS4/XBONE. Available for PC mostly as a side effect.
 
For what its worth, if you already own the original versions, you can get the upgraded variants cheaply - this is similar to how things were done for Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. At least on Steam, you can save 50% on the cost, if not more, depending on what exactly you own.
 
Everyone always wants old games to be remastered with new graphics. This seems like a case of "Damned if you, damned if you don't"

I don't get how this is bad, they are most likely still working on a new metro alongside this.
 
Everyone always wants old games to be remastered with new graphics. This seems like a case of "Damned if you, damned if you don't"

I don't get how this is bad, they are most likely still working on a new metro alongside this.
Metro 2033 and Last Light are not old and are still some of the best looking and most demanding games out there.
 
Everyone always wants old games to be remastered with new graphics. This seems like a case of "Damned if you, damned if you don't"

I don't get how this is bad, they are most likely still working on a new metro alongside this.

People need to complain about everything these days. Yet pulling Metro 2033 into MLL's engine seems like a pretty good thing to me.
 
Who is really complaining? Again it just seems odd to make such a miniscule visual update to games that are already looking good. Most people will not re purchase the games just for this.
 
Who is really complaining? Again it just seems odd to make such a miniscule visual update to games that are already looking good. Most people will not re purchase the games just for this.

It is mainly for the new consoles. They're being ported over and can likewise look better than they did on the PS3/360. I guess they figured if they are updating the engine they may as well release it on PC as well.
 
For me I can understand the Metro 2033 -> MLL engine being a paid upgrade, but the MLL to slightly better textured MLL I just can't get behind. To me that should be a free patch for owners of MLL.
Man... I should have waited to get Last Light.
I have to agree with this sentiment, I bought it and installed it, but haven't yet even played it once. Just another in a long list of backlogged games.
 
For me I can understand the Metro 2033 -> MLL engine being a paid upgrade, but the MLL to slightly better textured MLL I just can't get behind. To me that should be a free patch for owners of MLL.

I have to agree with this sentiment, I bought it and installed it, but haven't yet even played it once. Just another in a long list of backlogged games.
Where does it say anything about Last Light getting better textures?

For Metro 2033 Redux, Metro 2033 has been rebuilt using the newest version of the powerful 4A Engine, last seen in action in Metro: Last Light. That means advanced lighting, dynamic weather, higher detail for characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction, and improved smoke, fire, and particle effect.

Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a upgrade, including new melee animations and the fan-requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. All previously released Metro: Last Light DLC will be included in this Redux version.
 
I'll gladly pay $25 for 2033 with the improved gameplay and hit detection from Last Light. Graphics updates sound great too, but 2033 is already gorgeous.
 
can't wait to see how they improve on an already amazing looking game in Last Light...
 
Man, Ive yet to play both games, both on my steam backlog. How long is single player for each game?
 
So this is coming out tomorrow and it appears current owners of each are getting a pricebreak on Steam.

So far I think most if not all the improvements graphically have been on 2033 and that Last Light is getting some gameplay changes but NO graphical improvements?

Trying to verify before I buy, might just get 2033 for 12.49, unless we find out Last Light got some changes.
 
There are some reviews out already talking about all the changes. 2033 is being put on the Last Light engine, so better graphics but also better physics, better AI, etc.
 
So far I think most if not all the improvements graphically have been on 2033 and that Last Light is getting some gameplay changes but NO graphical improvements? Trying to verify before I buy, might just get 2033 for 12.49, unless we find out Last Light got some changes.

According to the pcgamer review, the Last Light Redux is essentially a GOTY edition. Graphics otherwise look the same, but then I wouldn't have expected them to change much since Last Light isn't even that old. What I'm doing is buying the 2033 Redux ($12.49 on Steam is a no-brainer for how much work went into overhauling it), will play through that and then worry about LL Redux when I'm done, and maybe by then the price will have dropped too.

"...where Metro 2033 Redux is a lovingly improved version of the original, Metro Last Light Redux is little more than a GOTY version. It includes every piece of DLC released to date and some of the additional weapons have been integrated into the single player story.

Visually the games are practically the same. I played the original and the Redux version alternately, chapter by chapter, and found it easy to forget which version I was playing at any given moment. Not to say that Metro Last Light Redux is bad looking. As I say, the original is less than a year old, so it's still a fantastic-looking game. Which is why it doesn't need a remaster."

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/metro-last-light-redux-review/
 
Last edited:
Its a bit disappointing that owners of the original could only get the discount by pre-ordering. Pity. Usually when games do this sort of thing, they extend the discount to existing owners regardless of the pre-order time frame (See: Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition. Owners of the original/Gold edition, get the thing for 66% off! Note: if you haven't played it, this is an EXCELLENT platformer and it recently released. Also, the Super Turbo Championship Edition has enough new content that even if you played the original, its worth getting. They put a lot of work into it! If you haven't played the original and like beat-em-up / Metroid-vania gameplay, get the STCE version from the start!)

Perhaps when the price drops again, I'll get the Redux versions of both. I have the originals of both titles yet I never really played through them, as they're on my backlog. I can wait a bit longer until Redux is cheap again. Its a pity they didn't extend the offer perpetually.
 
Its a bit disappointing that ownyouers of the original could only get the discount by pre-ordering. Pity. Usually when games do this sort of thing, they extend the discount to existing owners regardless of the pre-order time frame (See: Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition. Owners of the original/Gold edition, get the thing for 66% off! Note: if you haven't played it, this is an EXCELLENT platformer and it recently released. Also, the Super Turbo Championship Edition has enough new content that even if you played the original, its worth getting. They put a lot of work into it! If you haven't played the original and like beat-em-up / Metroid-vania gameplay, get the STCE version from the start!)

Perhaps when the price drops again, I'll get the Redux versions of both. I have the originals of both titles yet I never really played through them, as they're on my backlog. I can wait a bit longer until Redux is cheap again. Its a pity they didn't extend the offer perpetually.

They had been 50% off for months. People can never be satisfied it seems.
 
Well crap, got off work to buy what I thought was going to be 2033 redux for 12.49, but it looks like it's jumped to 24.49. Guess I missed the window.
 
2033 redux is stuttering like crazy on my rig. Physx is off, and tessellation is set to normal...sad
 
nnnnnnnggghhhnyaaaaaaHHHHH!!!! :D

@Solhokuten: runs like a boss, looks like a dream, what are your drive settings? physX -> always select to run on the gpu and the metro.exe must be manually set to run as admin (on .exe options tab)
 
I caved and bought both games for 17.5 bucks. Don't know if I will ever replay them but if 3D works well in Metro 2033, then definitely I will have another round in that one.
 
Back
Top