Metro Redux Release Date Confirmed!

HardOCP News

[H] News
Deep Silver today confirms that Metro Redux will hit stores on August 26th in North America. The boxed copy of Metro Redux contains remastered versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, with all previously released add-on content. Both campaigns can be tackled in 'Spartan' or 'Survival' play styles, and the legendary Ranger Mode is also included in both games. Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux are also available separately as digital download only.

strange that both games are getting remastered versions...Last Light isn't even that old and Metro 2033 still looks amazing even with the older graphics...Steam is offering discounts for those that already own either 1 or both games but it still seems a bit much...

-Metro 2033 owners can upgrade to Metro 2033 Redux for 50% off, and get 25% off the Metro Redux bundle

-Metro: Last Light owners can upgrade to Metro: Last Light Redux for 50% off, and also get 25% off the Metro Redux bundle

-Owners of both Metro games get 50% off the Metro Redux bundle

I think this is more aimed toward current gen console owners. Of course it wouldn't make sense on PC to buy these games again, but I'm sure some console gamers would love the chance to play them on PS4 or XBONE with increased visual fidelity. The last gen console versions of these games did look pretty terrible.

I think this is more aimed toward current gen console owners. Of course it wouldn't make sense on PC to buy these games again, but I'm sure some console gamers would love the chance to play them on PS4 or XBONE with increased visual fidelity. The last gen console versions of these games did look pretty terrible.

Also beneficial to PC gamers who do not yet own either game. But then lies the question of whether it is worth to cost to go with the new versions instead of the original versions. Indeed, neither game is a slouch in the graphics department. Far from it, in fact.

This is exactly the impetus for the redux, but by all means, that shouldn't stop the kneejerking and outrage of assuming this is about PC and people are being "expected to pay again".

If anything I'm grateful they bothered to make it available for PC at all, since it wasn't the focus of the effort and they won't see much ROI.

This is exactly the impetus for the redux, but by all means, that shouldn't stop the kneejerking and outrage of assuming this is about PC and people are being "expected to pay again".

If anything I'm grateful they bothered to make it available for PC at all, since it wasn't the focus of the effort and they won't see much ROI.

This. The possible mechanic improvements are nice, but the graphics in Last Light are already some of the best in gaming history. Not much can be improved. Even 2033 looks better than most games.

At $12.50 for current owners (at least for 2033) I think that is a fair amount for some slight improvements. I assume the discount carriers over to Last Light. If you are missing the Last Light DLC then the price is even better.

I picked up 2033 on sale a long time ago. Had a blast with it, but only paid something like $5. Bought a few copies for friends too at that price. I've never picked up Last Light, so I'd definitely grab the full redux pack. I didn't invest much initially, and could easily play it again then continue on to Last Light. This suits my situation rather well. It's also a pretty cool dev, so I don't mind sending some $ their way. People should be supporting these guys rather than Ubi, and other half-assers.

I just bought both games like 3 months ago. It's not like MetroLL is that old. It was basically the fist time it, and the first game went on sale as a bundle. I now wish I would have known this was being worked on, because I would have waited. Sure, the 50% off is nice, but damn. I know I don't HAVE to buy the redux versions, but I feel like I was peddled the inferior product while I just wasn't being told there was a better version about to come out. I mean, I didn't even know a more optimized version was being worked on.

I got half way into Last light and bailed out. It was creative game but banging around the tracks got boring. After all the Half Life and Fallout games I can't get excited about underground train tracks, subways etc. Its all kinda 2004.

Steam is offering discounts for those that already own either 1 or both games but it still seems a bit much...
Given that a download code for Metro 2033 costs only $7.49 at Amazon probably there was no other way. Or else people would have bought the 2033 download code + Redux upgrade instead of Redux itself.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back