Metro 2033 preview vid

Looks good, thanks

edit: The lighting is incredible in some scenes. Outside at night with a few dynamic sources it looks better than anything I've seen, crysis included (crysis looks to ascetic), but inside it could use some work in non-dramatic lighting scenarios. That's a general weakness for any game that doesn't use a nice indirect bounce approximation lighting model, crysis included. I like the grittier - and I apologize if this offends anyone - "Russian" look to it. I imagine Crysis being this nansy English prep-school kid, all dolled up in his crisp new threads, coming face to face with a grizzled Russian bear of a man wearing torn jeans because he just repelled a horde of Mongols.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow I was just thinking about the fact that this game will supposedly have hardware physx. now just think how sluggish STALKER Clear Sky is on max DX10 settings and imagine adding hardware physx. unless they have magically optimized that xray engine then this game is going to require more gpu power than any other game ever made by a long shot.

The more I see the more I'm looking forward to it.

Looks like Stalker polished to a gleaming shine. Incredible.

Is the book out in English? On Amazon all I see are Russian versions and one German

Looks ridiculous. If the gameplay matches the graphics this could be crazy good.

This is why I love steam, discovering gems. I always hate the critics against digital downloads, yes no resale, but look at what it does for games.

Looks like it might be the new Crysis in hardware demands :D
Beautiful footage, would be incredible if the gameplay matches it.

The graphics around 3.30 in that video are probably the best I have ever seen.
I totally agree!

Successor to the Doom 3 flashlight simulator? :D

Looks badass for sure.

DX11

4346794329_a1163c7156_b.jpg

4347541100_d4b1e2363d_b.jpg

4346795471_c78d1c3cce_b.jpg

Here is the best screenshot in higher resolution - goddamn look at the detail - DX11 *bow* *bow*

those screenshots...are insane. I'm excited to see this thing in motion in 1920x1200.

Meh...

Mask area is nice, but clothes are DX9 quality, plants are still 10 years old, and the gun muzzle is very washed out. Nothing special here. Just DX9 quality with graphic options turned up

Wow..

That is one impressive looking game. It has what I like to call the "gritty and hopeless" look to it. I remember when I first got to play Crysis with the visuals cranked up it was a completely immersive experience. The visuals, great voice acting, and free roam environment made the game really come to life. It seems like this game may do very much the same thing.

Post apocalyptic societies have become a hot genre in both film and games within the past decade. The Resident Evil series of games and movies, Fallout's one to three, Stalker, FEAR, and any of the countless zombie flicks (28 days later, Dawn of the Dead) have all visited this realm.

I hope this game can deliver the same type of heart pounding suspense as great titles have before. The visuals will definitely go a long way to making scary scenes into horrifying ones. I feel like I went off on a tangent somehow :p.

Looks great. Is this an FPS or a STALKER RPG type with an open world?

Judging from the interview, the guy made it sound like it's more linear than open world. Better story progression and better character development, as he put it.

Has the the graphics of Crysis, theme of Fallout and the set pieces of CoDMW2.

This looks so good :)

Those screens look insanely good. I'd be really curious to see a comparison between the PC version and xBox version. How do consoles keep up with advances like DX11 and such? They just skip out on those effects?

I read an early review saying that the game's only flaw was an infuriating lack of ammo, making it way more tedious than it deserves (being otherwise nearly perfect). I hope they fix that, because the potential looks huge otherwise.

I read an early review saying that the game's only flaw was an infuriating lack of ammo, making it way more tedious than it deserves (being otherwise nearly perfect). I hope they fix that, because the potential looks huge otherwise.

I read that was changed and now ammo is more plentiful.

Wasn't that the point? Wouldn't ammo be scarce in a post-apocalyptic scenario?

Back