Meteor Strike Caught On Camera

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just so you know, the meteor currently whizzing by the Earth is not responsible for this (as far as I know, meteors can't do a drive-by). This is probably just a coincidence and not a precursor to a larger meteorite invasion that will destroy the planet.

Yeah, that was pretty cool. Wasn't a meteor strike...just one burning up in the atmosphere.

if this is fake, the shadows of everythign are really ood!

Yeah, as soon as I saw the video I knew it was Russia. Only there do you have everyone with dashboard cameras going constantly to avoid accident claims, so yea perfect place to have an event like that get recorded.

Still perty cool none the less.

BTW: You remember this one a few months back Steve?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ynLP_Ngeo

"One Russian politician said the event was not a meteor shower but a US weapons test,"

THE SKY IS FALLING! :eek:

That one was an acorn.

http://eleaston.com/chicken.html

chicken-little.jpg

Yeah, it landed in a lake but all the destruction that's being posted is strictly from the shockwave from the explosion in the air.

All the posts about the shockwave destruction, are probably strictly from the shockwave from the explosion in the air.;)

All the posts about the shockwave destruction, are probably strictly from the shockwave from the explosion in the air.;)

Well yes, but the comment you were replying to led me to believe you were backing up the poster that said there was impact damage.

The coincidence, which is what it is, with our other near miss today is just extraordinary. It seems Russia has a bit of a schedule for such events too though, with Tunguska in 1908. But, when you cover 1/8th of the land area I suppose you should expect more than everyone else. Amazing though, both in the event itself and that nearly 1000 (thus far) have been injured from damage caused by changes in air pressure. Really goes to show just how explosions are effective not for their areas of immediate effect, but for their broader areas due to pressure waves.

In Soviet Russia, meteor make clichéd and culturally insensitive comment about YOU!

If this had happened in North Korea this probably would have started a nuclear war :p

Back