• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

MetallicAcid

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
126
MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)



Proudly sponsored by:









Södertälje Specialsnickeri AB Sweden
0737015925





Welcome to my third project!! ​




In this project, I have planned this project to include the Silverstone Temjin TJ07S, a timeless classic of premium case. I have had an ongoing community driven planning phase over a couple of months, where I have received feedback from the public, and tried to turn that feedback into a 3D render. I have really enjoyed the entire process, and learnt many new techniques along the way.


I know that this particular case has been modded probably 1,000,001 times now, so creating a TJ07 that stands out from an already well saturated crowd is already hard enough to do. To make this build even better than my previous projects is an even bigger challenge.




Update 2014/03/06


Hello everybody! I know this has been a long time coming :p

It is with great excitement that I announce that the project has now officially been started! I am building this project for Demis, a friend of mine. He had fallen in love with the project, and the ideas which I had visualized with the aid of SketchUp and Skindigo - 3D modelling and rendering software.

There had been discussions between Demis and I regarding the colour and overall theme of this build, and in the end we both thought that a blacked out stealth build, with subtle gold highlights, with an overall monolithic feel with a simple exterior and neat interior was the best option for this project. The colour scheme comes from the X79 ASUS motherboard. I would like to now show you a visual representation of how this project will probably look like:








This project may take some time to complete. This is a good thing in my opinion as it means that I can plan every detail to perfection, and execute those plans into reality with ease and minimal stress.

This will be a watercooled project, but in stages. Stage 1 for the watercooling will include just the CPU, with the GPU being air cooled. Stage 2 of the watercooling will include a 2nd GPU with both being watercooled. So you can expect a Rev.1 and Rev.2 of this project over the coming months.



Here comes a list of things that I plan to do with this mod:

Fabricate

X Custom made midplate
X Custom made reservoir wall
X Acrylic window for top of case
X Acrylic windows for side panels


Modify

X Extend window for top of case
X Window opening on side panels
Pass-through holes in midplate for hard tubing
X New power button
X Sleeve PSU


Prepare for painting

X TJ07 case
X Custom made midplate
X Custom made reservoir wall


Paint

TJ07 case
X Custom made midplate
X Custom made reservoir wall
X GPU shrouds


Install

Cold Zero parts
Water cooling parts
PC components
LED lighting


More things may be added to the list later on :)

I hope you have enjoyed the news. We are both super excited about this project, and want to see it to perfection. I hope you stick around for future updates!

With best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen




Update links:

Update 1 - Parts ordered and modding begins.
Update 2 - Midplate Progress
Update 3 - Angled plate
Update 4 - Cold Zero
Update 5 - Motherboard fitting
Update 6 - Top window cut out
Update 7 - GPU shrouds
Update 8 - Side window complete and Icemodz sponsor
Update 9 - Acrylic windows milled
Update 10 - Silverstone sponsor and unboxing Strider ST1200G
Update 11 - Installed front panel, glued into place and installed vandal switch
Update 12 - EK Delivery
Update 13 - Soldering guide and molex complete
Update 14 - PSU cables sleeved
Update 15 - Inet joins as sponsor
Update 16 - EK lends a hand
Update 17 - Hardware update

​
 
Last edited:
Update

Hello guys and girls!

I have decided on modding my TJ07S case which I already own. I am working on a design in sketchup, and trying to work out colours and theme.

Here is the photo tour of the exterior of my TJ07S:













Some early renders of the TJ07S and playing with ideas:










I know it isn't much, but it's a start!
MetallicAcid
 
Update

I have decided to have a reverse ATX setup with this build. This will mean a new motherboard plate and case backing plate, which attaches to the motherboard, will have to be fabricated to allow the change. Here are some more renders of what I had thought.







I have decided to use acrylic tubing (again) if I am able to together parts for this build. At the moment, I am broke, and currently looking to mod just the case. I will only complete the build IF I can scrape together the funds.

Does anyone have any opinions of the build so far?
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Some more playing around in Sketchup has resulted in some plumbing for the GPU's and the reservoirs.










And I am finally starting work on a design concept. This is something that I have knocked up, but I think that it is too plain.


Has anyone any thoughts, tips, suggestions regarding these renders? Please let me know! :)
MetallicAcid
 
Update

i am trying another approach here with the reservoir. I am thinking of making a custom res which will sit in the 5.25" bays, attached to the front plate.





I am liking this idea more than the double tube reservoir solution I had before. What are your thoughts?
MetallicAcid
 
Really starting to dig the red and white builds, make me wish I had gotten the white R4, lol.
 
very cool concept, not a huge fan of white, but this looks like it will be good!
Thanks Octo, I hope you enjoy the rest of the build :)

Really starting to dig the red and white builds, make me wish I had gotten the white R4, lol.
This will be the first white build I do. Every other one has been black, with red matching the ROG theme, or green matching the Sabertooth colour theme. I thought that white would be the best base colour to be able to properly show off all hardware on the inside of the case.

Thanks for reading and replying guys, and I hope you stick around for future updates :)
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hey everybody! I have two more renders for your viewing pleasure. Let me know what you think.

Different lines on the front plate looking into the res.


PSU and exhaust fan shroud.


In other progress, I have made the PSU backplate and the IO backplate into just one plate, instead of the stock two. I think this will clean up the backside a little bit. I have also started working on how to plumb the GPU pipes on the backside to the bottom compartment. I don't know when I can get some renders op of those, but it shouldn't be too much of a wait!

Thanks for reading,
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hello there ^^

I have not had so much time to work on rendering or designing as of late. Silly me went and signed up for night time classes twice a week for the next 3 months, and work is getting a little crazy... BUT, I am still dedicated to this project, and actively thinking about new design ideas to make this build one of the most original TJ07, wait, mod which has been done! I have promised epicness, and this is what you and I will receive!

Here I am playing with the rad cover designs. which one looks best?









Thanks for any and all input :)
MetallicAcid
 
Last edited:
I kind of like the second design with the 5 lines going across the entire section there. It would kind of match the front that way.
I do like the full open circles also.
 
I kind of like the second design with the 5 lines going across the entire section there. It would kind of match the front that way.
I do like the full open circles also.

Second one w/ 5 lines

Thanks for your opinions guys. I am most partial to number 4 at the moment, with all fans exposed. It keeps with the simple look that I am aiming for :)

MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hey guys, due to popular demand, I would like to present to you:



Something that might work? I am still fairly attached to the open fan solution though ;)
MetallicAcid
 
Im really liking the open fan design, very clean and open design. Really works with the colored rings on those fans. jmo
 
Im really liking the open fan design, very clean and open design. Really works with the colored rings on those fans. jmo
The open fan design is still my favorite as well, and probably the one that I will go for. I had just put up the last design as a few people had wanted to see it :) I too think that the rings bring extra colour to an otherwise boring section of the case!

MetallicAcid
 
Update

I had a little free time last night, so I started working in alternate design ideas for the front plate which sits in front of the reservoir. What do you guys think?




And since the last update, I am playing with the idea of having plexiglass blocks with red backplates. I like what I see so far!



As always, I am open for questions and feedback :)
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hey guys! I would like to present to you, some alternate colour schemes for my upcoming TJ07 mod. So, in usual fashion, please let me know what you think is the best/most original colour to build out my PC with!

















Thanks for looking :)
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hello again!

I have changed the custom reservoir our for the two tube reservoir solution. I can't help it, I just love the way it looks. I have also decided to do something a little different with the interior of the case... The panel from the front plate, on the inside of the case, runs at a 45° angle to the motherboard plate. This creates an interesting and open area to show of the goods! I hope you enjoy :)







MetallicAcid
 
Update

Another quick update :)

I have added space for one 5.25" bay above the reservoirs for a fan controller, and made the bay area blend in with the 45° angle which is behind the reservoirs. These 2 lines will be lit up from behind with LED's. More to come soon! Here is the model with a couple of colour schemes for your viewing pleasure!






Thanks for looking!
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hey :)

I have been extremely busy with life and not had much time to work on rendering. I have made some breakthroughs in the design, with to implement 1x480mm, 1x240mm and 1x120mm radiator. And to also have enough space for 2xMCP350/355 pumps still hidden away from view. I also discovered how to create light sources from within Sketchup, so I can now play with light in renders and preview the end result. The picture directly below is the "current" design. All other pictures shows a small process of how I got to this current point.



Current design:






Design process (scrapped ideas):











Wells guys, thanks for checking the build log out again, and let me know what you think of the design so far :)
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Well hello there ;) Just working on some water cooling routing. Super psyched how this is turning out. I have decided to keep the 240 rad in the front, but just need to work it into the design just a little better. I am thinking some mesh to cover the hole should work nicely.

Here are some pics:










Peace.
MetallicAcid
 
I like the gray/orange in post 23 and the gray/blue and gray/orange of post 24. I also like the front panel idea on the far right in post 20, the tubing concept in post 5 and the scrapped idea of post 25.

I'm sub'd!
 
orange on grey is my favorite
Mine too so far ;) And grey with purple is also greatly awesomely orgasmic.

I like the gray/orange in post 23 and the gray/blue and gray/orange of post 24. I also like the front panel idea on the far right in post 20, the tubing concept in post 5 and the scrapped idea of post 25.

I'm sub'd!
There are so many ideas flowing through my head at all times with this build, that it is just a shame I can just stick with only a handful. Some of the ideas didn't really work from a technical standpoint either due to measurements being off or not having the room.
But, regardless, thanks for joining the fun, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the log :)

MetallicAcid
 
Update (of sorts)

I am reworking the plumbing for the watercooling. This is a much more streamlined, super-tidy approach, and I am super excited about it! The following render is taken from looking at the back panel. The GPU pipes will be lit up from the sides, and visible through a plexiglass window.



What are your initial thoughts? Does this picture even make sense?
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hey people :) I finally found enough time to finish the vertical style piping 3D model and render, so I would like to share that with you. I hope you like it!



MetallicAcid
 
looks amazing

my next project will be watercooling - the constant maintenance is right up my alley as I love babying my main rig

where is/are the pump(s)?
 
looks amazing

my next project will be watercooling - the constant maintenance is right up my alley as I love babying my main rig

where is/are the pump(s)?
I love watercooling, anyone can make their PC so unique. The pumps will be behind the 480 rad. Here comes an update to show it :)

MetallicAcid
 
Update

Just a small update with a new render :) I have changed the piping coming from the pump going to the GPU pipe, which gives a much cleaner look. Here is the render:



Hope you have enjoyed this update :)
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Continued work on refining the tube routing. I have moved the 2 tubes from the SLI GPUs to the front side of the angled wall. I wanted to clean up where the 240 radiator is located, and also free up the top of the reservoirs to be able to fill the system with coolant. I also removed a panel which was located above the GPUs to simplify the engineering, and have now created the join and fitting of the motherboard panel. Exploded views can be arranged if you guys are interested. :)





MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hey guys and girls :)

I have been working on a window design to show off the insides of this great case, and also provide ventilation for the 240mm radiator sitting in the front. For the sake of simplicity, I did not want to add too much to the door which would contract from the view of the components. I made each render with the sun layer on and off, so you can see what I am thinking with the placement of the LED strips.

The design at this point, is almost completed. I am going through each internal component and making sure that they can be engineered to fit together with screws or metal glue. I might make some small changes here and there, but as it stands right now, I am happy with this design. But, as always, if you have an idea or tip you would like to share, I would love to hear it!

So, here are some renders of the door design:











Thanks for reading :)
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Hello again! The updates are getting fast and furious here! My wife is being really nice in letting me play around more and more in Sketchup and Indigo Render :) I have made progress on the front panel area, and would like to share with you the results.

Front closed - Daytime.


Front closed - Night.


Front open - Day.


Front open with lights - Day.


Front open with lights - Night.



Well, I hope you have liked this update.
MetallicAcid
 
Update

Tragedy!

Hey guys :)

This is the update where I tell you that I had to go back and correct something that I had stuffed up on... Even though I am just rendering, it was still a major set back as I wanted to be able to see if want I wanted could work, and how it could work. Not only that, but so that I could have measurements and number of items I needed to make it work.

So, the problem was with the piping from the GPU SLI bridge. I had both pipes running from the top of the bridge and then down beside the reservoirs. This impossible as the bridge has inlet and outlet are indeed at the top, but with an inverted motherboard setup, those inlet/outlet holes are at the bottom of the bridge. Here is the original (wrong) piping:




Here is the new (and improved) setup. I am VERY happy with this!



I have also adjusted the window a bit, reducing the curves in the corners and removing the grills beside the window:



In other news, I have played around a bit more with another faceplate for the front of the TJ07:



And lastly, a glory nightshot through the updated window to show off the updated piping:



I thought it might be interesting to have a grill in the midplate to show off the piping coming to and from the GPU and CPU areas. It could also be cool with some smoked plexiglass with some LED lighting shining on everything.

What do you guys think of this latest update?
MetallicAcid
 
Back
Top