Metal Gear Solid 4 Beta (PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron FTL

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my Beta key off of fileplanet.
Just finished downloading the client off of the playstation network.

Gameplay starts on monday April 21st. (Can't wait!)

So who all here is in the beta?

Me! Don't forget to go to http://id.konami.net to register a Konami ID and Game ID.

The server is being hit hard with people trying to register though, so it may take a while to actually get through and be able to register. Most of the errors that pop-up are because its being hit so hard, so if the site tells you your email has been taken, ID taken, etc., it's because of that.

Yea got a code from fileplanet too. Dont forget you gotta patch it to 1.01 ingame once you install the download using p2p since konami site is down. Its a big patch and I don't know how long it took to d/l cause I was asleep :)

Have been trying on and off to register a Konami ID but have been unsuccessful. I hope they fix this by tomorrow. I really want to play this as soon as possible after the beta goes live.

i logged on last night around 11:30... It was slow, but did eventually go through for me, I am patched, registered, and ready to play! ;)

my registration finally went through!!! if anyone is still wanting to get their account I suggest doing it now.

my registration finally went through!!! if anyone is still wanting to get their account I suggest doing it now.

cool I register my Konami ID right now.

EDIT: It still didn't work for me after an hour of trying. I keep getting an error when trying to access the page where you make your Konami ID name & password.

Is it really true that you have to use Letters, Numbers, Hyphens, and Periods in the ID name?
I find that really strange.

You don't have to. What I found out is that if there are errors on the registration page, unavailable names and such, it gives you an error page.
Best to just register in the A.M.s because generally everyone should be asleep, ESPECIALLY TONIGHT, seeing as it's Sunday and all.

i've tried to get my konami id for probably around 4 hours combined over the last 3-4 days. I still can not get to the end of the registration process without something messing up. This is the most bullshit i've ever had to go through to do anything i think.

I 'm in Europe, but i'm having to update right now (only getting 160k or so on the peer to peer) so it's taking a little bit of time.

I'm assuming that everything would be up and running,but then again we know how assumptions are : /

Best to just register in the A.M.s because generally everyone should be asleep, ESPECIALLY TONIGHT, seeing as it's Sunday and all.

lol I was trying early sunday morning at 4:21am, and I was still getting errors.
I actually ended up falling asleep infront of my ps3 with the controller in my hand. It was ridiculous

This is the most bullshit i've ever had to go through to do anything i think.
^^Excatly! I have never gone through this much registration and BS just to beta test a game.
Crap like ID's Have to have periods, dashes, underscores, numbers, and lower case letters.
Then, the password cannot contain any letters.

like what the heck. Just make it normal Konami!

oh well. After about 2 hours of trying today I finally registered.
Now when I try and log in with my Game ID I get this message:

DSC06208.jpg

Is everyone else getting this message?
Is it because the beta is not open yet?

man, all this has been so far is just utter frustration.

holy SHITBALLS i finally got it. Hopped on just randomly trying again just now and made it all the way through clean in 1 try. Try right now if you are still trying.

The IDs don't have to have all the possible characters included in them to be valid. All the errors that could be spit out at you were because of the fact that the registration server was being hammered and could not keep up with all the requests.

My ID is exactly as I entered it using only letters, you just had to keep trying, or use one of the shortcut methods to enter your information (Firefox + Autoformer plugin).

And yes, the servers are not up yet, which is why you are getting that message.

"And yes, the servers are not up yet, which is why you are getting that message."

Maybe thats true for those of you stateside, but Those of us in the UK should be able to log on as the servers went live at 0001 this morning (supposedly).

I too am still receiving this error (and no i'm not in the US trying to log on a EU server,I actually live in the UK)

Ah well what can you do *shrugs*.

I still don't agree with the PSN, Konami ID, and Game Id thing. Should have been all linked by your PSN id.

man. I keep watching the beta trailer over and over.
lol. I want to play so badly. I guess I will have to wait until daybreak... :(

Well I got everything setup and besides lots of limitations on user names and passwords it went ok. I couldn't get to the konami page earlier but I just waited until now to do it and it went fine.

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/index.html

"We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be deferring the start of the US public beta test until we are able to stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:
1) Starting date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/4/2008 23:00(PDT)
2) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT)

IMPORTANT: Please note that your voucher code will only be valid up until 05/06/2008, so please make sure to register them by then. "

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/index.html

"We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be deferring the start of the US public beta test until we are able to stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:
1) Starting date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/4/2008 23:00(PDT)
2) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT)

IMPORTANT: Please note that your voucher code will only be valid up until 05/06/2008, so please make sure to register them by then. "

:(:(

I just find it funny that Konami couldn't anticipate the amount of people wanting to play this beta.

what does live or PSN have to do with Konamis Server infrastructure in supporting this?

Because PSN leaves the servers up to the devs where Live handles the servers themselves. The exception being EA. However after the COD4 map pack we know Live can be overloaded too. There are advantages and disadvantages to both methodologies. Though Live offers a more uniform experience.

Funny how live is down a lot,like just the other week. And PSN isnt.

Its also funny how jealous 360 fans troll around PS3 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back