Mentor Program?

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
Who remembers this? I was glancing through old PMs and noticed a few for this and was wondering what happened.

Seems like one of those good ideas people forgot... Or am I just missing something and I'm still supposed to be on-call for this :p

Certainly seems like something we could use, just not sure if it should be in an official capacity like this. Or semi-official, or not at all official, or whatever this is.

This was a council run project, if I remember correctly it was deemed to be un-needed due to the fact that all the needed project info is documented in the guides on the site and people didn't look up the mentors for help.

I was never part of this project as the site alone takes up most of my time, so I don't know all the details.

I'll do some digging and see if they want to start it up again or not.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Site Admin: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

AtomicMoose said:
I think we are all mentors here. :)

QFT, I was part of that, and I think it just fell to the wayside because everyone who participates down here for the most part helps wherever they can. :D

yup... I was part of it also.... I don't remember there ever being a "okay, lets just end this" thing...... it just kinda fell back into the fabric of the forum....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Yea....every so often someone comes up with this idea and it just doesnt get the support.

Yes the mentor project simplly feel to the way side for many reasons. Lack of support, a real need for us to have a group, and the great community we have here already were so many ppl are ready and willing to help eachother out.
Like Moose said, "I think we are all mentors here."

Fold on!

Being someone who just started folding recently, I'm going to have to say that something like this would be unnecessary. Helpful responses were posted very quickly to my questions. :)

That's pretty much what I guessed had happened, I was just making sure.

the black knight always triumphs!

In light of the lack of interest in the mentor program

I do hereby declare that I would be happy to serve as a mentor!

Back