Men of War sale on steam. Worth it?

arachn1d

Gawd
Men of War and related are on sale on steam at 66%. Buy all of them for $20. Is it worth it?

I've found all of them to be very solid games. If you like RTS, then I think it's a good deal.

Yes, definitely worth it. Assault Squad is mostly multiplayer updates with singleplayer skirmishes, no real storyline. The first Men of War singleplayer is pretty cool though.

One word of caution though. Assault Squad has terrible performance on ati cards(5870s seem to struggle even) and patch 3 still hasn't fixed it yet(just came out this week). Performance on the original men of war is fine. I get probably double the performance in the original, maybe more. In AS, levels will start at around 40-60fps and then drop to 14-22 or lower, and even with min settings it doesn't make a difference. I used the RadeonPro program and made some tweaks and that got it playable, but it did affect image quality(mostly text). Crossfire 5770s seem to make no difference whatsoever(apparently degrades performance).

I already own the 3 Company of Heroes games. My nephew and I want to play something else besides Supreme Commander 2. Variety is the spice of life.

Is this game better than CoH? I haven't downloaded them yet as I bought them sometimes last year. My Steam backlog is huge. Nephew has a limited budget so I want to make sure we buy the best game. I run 460's and he has my old 5850.

What else in this genre would you'll recommend to go from Supreme Commander 2 to? Civ 5 isn't his cup of tea. What else is good?

I haven't played CoH. A lot of people that play though say it's a good deal better than CoH.

I already own the 3 Company of Heroes games. My nephew and I want to play something else besides Supreme Commander 2. Variety is the spice of life.

Is this game better than CoH? I haven't downloaded them yet as I bought them sometimes last year. My Steam backlog is huge. Nephew has a limited budget so I want to make sure we buy the best game. I run 460's and he has my old 5850.

What else in this genre would you'll recommend to go from Supreme Commander 2 to? Civ 5 isn't his cup of tea. What else is good?

I would not really say one is better than the other because they are different imo. They are both excellent games. Men of war, imo, is more simulation then CoH. Many more unique units and items and a much more realistic damage simulation.

Its worth it. Played the first one when it came out. Very solid game with a pretty good story.
I also have played all of CoH and I agree with infect0, the games are very different in play style. Men of War reminded me a bit of Silent Storm (same developer?) Men of War is a bit more dramatic also, i clearly remember some scenes better (it could be also because i played it after CoH)...

Back