Memtest86 Question

lemmy

Limp Gawd
When eclipse says run one pass then reboot and add 2-3mhz if no error in that pass, does he mean one pass as in 100% or one pass as in 1%? lol because reaching 100% is a hell of al ong time

i've never used memtest before so i'm a newbie at it, but i got how to run test #5 :)

hrmmmm well my memory is ocz platinum edition pc 4000 1gb x 2

lol and it says it can go to 250mhz, so what should i do start from 200 and be a patient person or jump the gun and go straight to 230 or 240? lol

System specs?
It should do 250 no sweat, that's what it's rated and sold for. If not then a RMA is in order.
But you should also make sure you're other settings are correct. Assuming you're overclocking all at once, I'd drop the cpu multi down to 4 or 5 and try to stress the ram/fsb first. Make sure it likes running at it's newly found speed and then go from there. He's also talking about anything above rated speeds, which as long as you're under 250 you should be fine.

Specs are
Opteron 170
2gb ocz platinum edition pc 4000
dfi lanparty nf4 ultra-d
water cooled
blu forton 500 watts ps
6800gt

hrmm by stress u mean run it through memtest86 test# 5?

And you are telling me it's safe to set my clock settings for attaining
2.8ghz cpu
250mhz memory
?

No I'm not suggesting you push it to 2.8 right out of the gate. Take it nice and slow. I know that sucks, I've been through it, but it's worth it.

As for your memory issue, if you're following the A64 OC Guide it explains how to find a few of your maximum settings and then work to achieve them together. It's a bunch of math, tons of tweaking, and that extra ounce of patience that really matter here. Nice and slow.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask, I'll be around a few more hours at work here.

Back