memory upgrade for old imac

hello i need some more memory to play my garageband notes in quick time player. I only have 512 mb and i am going to upgrade to 1 gb. I was wondering where i can get some good ram, i know newegg, zipzoomlfy, tigerdirect and all of those other places but what kind of ram? My computer is an imac (the old dome one) and is was made in 1999 or 2000. Please give me a link or tell what website or waht kind of ram to get. thank you for taking your time to read this and i hope you have a nice day! :)

yes, you'll be looking at either 144pin SODIMM if its a tray loading mac, or regular PC2100/2700 RAM if its slot loading.

He did say the old "dome one" which makes me wonder if its a flat pannel. His dates are too old for a flat pannel though, it came out in 02. I like to use mactracker to check on ram and other configuration issues. You can download it free at <http://www.mactracker.ca> No connection, just a happy user.

Good luck with the upgrade.

Orc

Before you buy.

1. Open your Mac up and see how many available ram slots there are.

2. Please post in here the numbers that are printed on the black ram modules that are on the sticks so that we may research the issue for you.

3. Please post the name/make/model of your Mac. It's usually underneath near where the serial number is.

Thank you.

Back