memory troubles - reboots

alexdg

n00b
Joined
Jul 12, 2002
Messages
63
I have somewhat of a problem i've never encountered before. I just upgraded my mobo and CPU but kept my old 2700 ram coz it's too expensive now. I know my ram is fine because i was using without any troubles, so it must be BIOS config problem.

The problem is this... for some reason my machine reboots, without even a blue screen when i try to allocate large chunks of memory... the only application i tried was VMWare... running a WinXP at 128mb is fine... but at 180mb (which it was originally configured at) simply reboots my machine. I have 512 generic samsung ram. But it was working fine on my old setup.

New hardware is Abit IS7 and P4 2.8ghz C.

Any ideas what could it be? I'm using default optimized BIOS settings for now.

thnx!
 
i can't... i don't have a floppy... unless there's another way to run the test, i'm out of luck
 
Back
Top