Memory suggestion for Rampage Extreme V E10 & 6850K

GV00

n00b
So I'm building a new box, and I've got a Rampage Extreme V Edition 10 coming to roll with a 6850K. It's going to last me quite a long while, but I'm okay with spending some coin on it right now. My initial impulse was just to go nuts and get 128 GB, worse cast is I toy with a RAMdisk (I might just run some VMs on it at some point, so why not?). UPS backed, so power drops are pretty rare -- I've had maybe 1 in the last 10 years.

I'm also looking at a Noctua NH-D15S to cool this thing, so compatability there might be an issue. Pricewise, I'm not too concerned about it -- I've gone nuts on this thing, pulled a lot of OT just for it, and it's probably gonna last right up until I have to replace things due to hardware failure.

So, suggestions on what I should get? Everything is air cooled, so overclocking won't get extreme -- but I may move to a water loop to squeeze out performance years from now, or if I end up going to a SLI solution. That would bump things up a bit. Looks and lights aren't important to me at all, just performance.

I'm using a 3300MHz G.Skill 64Gb 1.35V TridentZ kit (8×8Gb) without issues. Same board and CPU as you. Selected the XMS profile in BIOS and it just works. Even with all 8 slots populated I've had no issues whatsoever. I've yet to (try to) over clock it beyond that. I believe G.Skill also have a 128GB kit, albeit at 3200MHZ.

Back