snyper238

Limp Gawd
Ok So i am running:

3800+ X2
ECS SLI Extreme
2GB OCZ Performance Ram (4x512)
6600GT
and a ThermalTake PurePower HPC-420-102 DF

My computer has been having major problems lately. In the past three days once a day the computer would just shut down and restart itself out of nowwhere while i was using it. Then when it came back on the box that said Windows has recovered from a serious error.

Also my pagefile occasionally gets up to 5gb with the ram mentioned. Yesterday i had shut my computer down for the day and went to boot it up and it wouldnt boot up. It POSTed but then wouldnt load windows and then just started again. So I took three sticks of my ram out and just ran it with 512. Well then it booted up fine. So i thought all was well. But then I had to restart the computer and it froze at the log in screen thing. I let it sit for a while but finally just had to hit the reset button on the case. It booted back up and then i went to sleep. And running utorrent and playing music (just one cd not repeating) the pagefile has gotten up to 1.28 GB.

Now i just also realized i have a process running called WZCSLDR.exe it is for my wireless adapter but it is taking 50% of the cpu right now.

Another problem i had was running PCMark 05 in the memory section I only scored a 3635.

Any help would be awesome because this is really making me mad.

O and i forgot to mention i ran memtest 86 once and did not recieve any errors but, this may sound stupid, i dont think it is screwing up every reboot.

HELP PLEASE

I cant really remember but a long time liek 10 hours at least...i think it ran the tests twice.

hm, that works, haha. random reboots normally point to the psu though.. how long can you game for without issues?

I can play a game for as long as i need to the reboots have been happening lately but i havent been gaming.

if it makes this easier
aim is: snyper238

got any monitoring programs that'll tell you the voltage of the psu's rails?

hehe, i was hoping you would do the obvious and tell what the voltages are, but.. what are the voltages? :D

haha sorry

are these right? would my machine even boot with these?

Vcore1: 1.33
Vcore2: 3.33
+3.3: 2.66
+5: 5.00
+12: 5.89
-12: -10.88
-5: .58
+5: 4.95
Vbat: 3.02

if you mobo came with one, that'd be best.. mbm5 may work. i often use everest, but it's shareware now :(

best option would be to use a multimeter and measure the rails yourself.. though i guess that's probably not the issue. have you tried 2.7v on the memory yet?

yea they are running 2.71v

o i forgot i have everest

cpu core: 1.34
+2.5: 2.66
+3.3: 3.33
+5: 5.03
+12: 11.78

hmm, not too bad. 12v is a touch low, but nothing serious.

does 2.7v seem to fix the issue?

No i have been running it at 2.7v when the problem was happening...I am only running two sticks right now and have been for about 12 hours. No crash or errors yet. Only thing is its running extremely slow but that could be windows acting up i need a clean install.

it's a very good possibility it's just the 4 sticks acting up, a64 is known to dislike 4 sticks, and you don't exactly have an enthusiast level board ;)

Yea i was thinking that but it got a lot of good reviews and even HardOc said it was a good board just not for overclockers. So what do you think would be my best options?

Try to buy a nicer board.
Sell my 4 sticks and get 2 1gb sticks.

Yea i think i do. cuz like right now with 1gb i seem to notice a difference. Also i do quite a bit of photo and video editing.

Ok i am starting to look for new ram. Can you (eclipse) or some one else recomend me some ram.

Back