• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Memory Opinions - 2GB kits...

orkan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2002
Messages
1,488
What memory in your opinion, has the highest probability to clock highest with the setup in my sig. Please spare me the "every peice of hardware is different" line. I know, and am just looking for some opinions based on your experience, or read reviews.

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 500 (PC 4000)

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 500 (PC 4000)

OCZ Gold Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 500 (PC 4000)


Thanks
 
Your Ballistix link is broken.. try this one : Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 500 (PC 4000)

I am a owner of 2x512MB Cricual Ballistix PC3200 2-2-2-6 2.8v. I had to get the Ballistix because my board (K8N Neo2 Plat.) would only support up to 2.8v. This memory is great for PC3200 (not sure about the PC4000). But I was able to run my rig prime stable at HTT=309 with a 166 divider on my memory which put it at 257.5mhz 2.5-3-3-5 1T@2.7V Which is DDR515 :D. Which isn't shabby for PC3200. Everything runs prime stable but I think im going to back it off alittle bit.. because 1mhz more and Prime crashes after awhile.

Corsair is nice and all.. but it doesnt seem to overclock like OCZ or Crucial.

I would recommend going with the OCZ Gold (that link is broken as well... OCZ Gold.
 
As you may see by the memory options listed above... I don't care about 2x512 kits from any company. All I am concerned with in THIS THREAD is 2x1024 kits... as listed above.
 
OCZ also has a 2GB kit for the Platinum Series. I don't know how recent it was released, but I can't seem to find a place to buy at the moment. Before Monarch took them down a few days ago, they were $330ish.

The few reviews I've seen were able to OC it up to the 280s, though I don't remember the timings used. It's voltages was said to work best around 2.6 - 2.7, so it won't be a worry if a mobo doesn't suport very high memory voltages. I'm planning to get some of these once I can find them at a reliable store.

Hmmm this thread might belong more in the Memory forum.
 
orkan said:
As you may see by the memory options listed above... I don't care about 2x512 kits from any company. All I am concerned with in THIS THREAD is 2x1024 kits... as listed above.

Yes, I noticed I accidentally placed the wrong link up there, and quickly changed it to the right one.. Try clicking on it again...
 
Back
Top