Memory issues with ASUS B560 motherboard

I just recently built a new PC with the following specs listed below:

ASUS TUF Gaming B560M-Plus Wi-Fi Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 16GB DDR4 RAM
Thermaltake Litepower RGB 650W Power Supply
WD Green SN350 240GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Intel Core i5-11400 2.60GHz

So far I'm having major issues with the RAM and the board posting. I have discovered that if the RAM is installed in either slots A1 and A2 (First and second slot) the board will not POST, and therefore I cannot run the system in dual channel configuration. It will POST in slots B1 and B2 (Third and forth slot) just fine, but therefore it will run in a single channel configuration only. Also, I cannot get XMP Profile to run at all, the board will fail to POST. Any ideas how to resolve this issue or did I get a dud board?

I just recently built a new PC with the following specs listed below:

ASUS TUF Gaming B560M-Plus Wi-Fi Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 16GB DDR4 RAM
Thermaltake Litepower RGB 650W Power Supply
WD Green SN350 240GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Intel Core i5-11400 2.60GHz

So far I'm having major issues with the RAM and the board posting. I have discovered that if the RAM is installed in either slots A1 and A2 (First and second slot) the board will not POST, and therefore I cannot run the system in dual channel configuration. It will POST in slots B1 and B2 (Third and forth slot) just fine, but therefore it will run in a single channel configuration only. Also, I cannot get XMP Profile to run at all, the board will fail to POST. Any ideas how to resolve this issue or did I get a dud board?
double check the manual for the slots to be using and then give them more juice, +.1v. every set of corsair ive every used, all types, has needed extra voltage to be fully stable.

Tried upping the voltage, still doesn't work. I've tried Googling the situation and apparently I've read that if the CPU heatsink is installed to tight it will cause problems for the DIMM slots. Unforfunately the POS CPU cooler I'm using the screws that is used to hold the bracket is now stuck in the motherboard and I cannot remove it, not sure how that happened so I suspect that is the case.

This is the first time I've ever experienced such an issue with DIMM slots not working. And thanks to that POS CPU cooler I bought which happens to be an AeroCool isn't helping much either since I cannot remove it unless I manage to find a way to remove the screws that is holding the CPU cooler.

what is the XMP speed of the RAM?

what "gear" are you trying to run the RAM? (Gear 1 or Gear 2?) ----- 11 series CPUs will not work in Gear 1, with RAM set faster than about 3700 - 3800 MHZ. And that's only if you carefully tweak voltages, etc. If you want your RAM to run faster than that, you must use Gear 2.

*have you updated the Bios?

Last edited:
Yes I have already updated the BIOS to the latest version, no avail. I forgot to mention that my RAM is at 3200MHZ, XMP Profile will just fail to POST.

Not sure what gear it is at, right now I have sent my PC back to the computer store where I purchased it from where they will look at it, I didn't really have time to diagnose it myself due to work.

Back