Memory in a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

essi1553

Limp Gawd
I think this is the right section to post this thread, if not, feel free to move it.

I currently have a MSi K8N neo2 platinum. I'm running it with some corsair XMS C2PRO sticks (pc3200 and 2x512). I am just having the option to upgrade to Mushkin pc3500 (bh-5) and a OCZ ddr booster.

Are their any known facts that tccd or bh5 sticks would work better in a msi board? I know that bh5 stuff is more voltage hungry, but I've been doing alot of reading, and apparently increasing vdimm in neo2's doesn't really help much. (Above the choices supplied in the bios)

Whats the word on the street? Anyone have expereince in this specfic situation? Or maybe some responses from you guys with bh5 or tccd chips in that board could shed some light.

Currently I'm running a 4000+ and corsair tccd, on air @ 2.796 (10x233) no divider, at 2.5-3-3-6, voltage at 2.8 memory, and 1.5 cpu. Temps 29C idle up to 40C load.

Anytime I try to increase the fsb AT ANY DIVIDER system freezes.

Is that because you feel its good enough, or because I won't be getting any better?

it's good enough, you won't notice the difference.. and chances are you can get the timings tighter at the 233mhz you're running at now, or get the ram speed up higher with some tweaking

Back