Memory Heatsinks

BrainEater

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm about to buy a bunch of ECC ddr4.This shit is so boring, classic green pcb gah !

I'm constructing a custom modded Xeon workstation, I am looking for low-profile RAM heatspreaders I can attach myself.
Google is failing me at the moment.
I am assuming I can use std ram heat spreaders , with modified 'thermal tape'.

I appreciate any input.

:D

edit ;
This is just to make it look nice, it's not performance based.

Google was working fine.

Really ? only 2 colors and 1 style of Dimmsinks ?...no low profile so I guess that's out.
The Corsair LP sinks in my current rig would be perfect...

Is there a Corsair rep here ?

I have beer and money.

:dead:

I've used these with Crucial DDR4 2666 ECC modules for a Threadripper workstation. Amazon usually has them and some other brands but they come and go.

Don't know about any low profile options.

Last edited:
Yea I'm ordering a bunch of Crucial DDR4 2666 ECC too ....What modules did you get specifically ? the shit I need is like 1700$ for my minimum ram... *grumble*
Those heatsinks look like they might be easily moddable into 'low-profile', I might order a couple and try.

Thanks !

Yea I'm ordering a bunch of Crucial DDR4 2666 ECC too ....What modules did you get specifically ? the shit I need is like 1700$ for my minimum ram... *grumble*
Those heatsinks look like they might be easily moddable into 'low-profile', I might order a couple and try.

Thanks !

$1700? So that's like 2x16gb PC4-2400CL17 at this point? ;)

This is as close as I could find to "LP" in under 5 minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Haha..
Nah it's not quite that bad : 12 x 8 gb sticks ecc ddr4 2666 x8/dual rank.....145$ (CDN) per stick.
There's only one or two companies that even sell it......I'm glad they don't make 'em with heatspreaders, they would be 200$ per.
----
I saw those heatspreaders.
I might actually NOT be able to use heatspreaders.....the bottom dimm slots on CPU1 are in-line with the first pci-e slot.......I think height could be an issue.
Looks like the ram is a while away anyways...I've got it on order, but there is no stock anywhere.

Cheers !

Buy a load of old Dell/HP DDR2 ECC and strip the sinks off of those?

Sorry, I missed this for some reason. Its a bitch to find on Amazon but it's there. Prices and supply are all over the place. I like these because they seem to be fully Ryzen compatible, no slow boots and multi-bit ECC is enabled in Linux and Windows 7. I just wish they were faster.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No worries. I'm waiting at this point.
I had to pull the trigger through my normal supplier anyways just based on the Canadian dollar tanking....I got in at 160$/stick CDN.
I'm pretty sure this will be what I have to wait on for this build....(well other than Volta ;))

Back