Memory for Dell Dimension 9200 C2D Rig

ForBuilding

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,
I'm planning on getting a Dell Dimension 9200 which has the C2D and am wondering what is the best memory to get for it.

I'm not quite sure what the chipset is and what mobo it is knowing Dell. But I know the bios is very limited and you can't do any fancy overclocking, setting timings, or even setting voltages.

Now since all that is out of the way, what is the best memory to get? Should I wait until 1066 RAM drops down in price? Or get tight timing 533 RAM? Or get the some 800 RAM?

I've read some posts here and there and the answers are kind of unclear. Basically, I want the best RAM for my computer...given the performance and price ratio are reasonable.

Thanks for your input.

You DO know that you have to use SO-DIMM DDR2 modules, not regular DIMMs, right? There are no 1066 so-dimms in existance. Not to mention the fact that the napa platform (current merom platform) only supports 667 MHz. Santa Rosa will be out next year, it will support up to 800 MHz.

Other than that, I pretty much don't know, and I recently made post asking the pretty much same question.

EDIT: yea, im an idiot. My mind is on laptops, it seems

Back