~memory errors!~

mwl5apv

n00b
alright guys, well, the last couple days I went through and began overclocking my system. Everything started out smooth, but then I started to hit a wall. It began with prime95 coming up with errors after an overclock, so changes were made and so on as one would normally do to stabilize an OC. I was never able to get anything completely stable. Not even stock settings ran through prime95 blend mode without errors.

So I did some testing. I ran prime95 in the test that does mainly the CPU and that runs as good as it possibly can. I ran memtest86 and after about 1hr13min or running I walked away with 13 errors.

Someone help me. The system hasn't even hit the 1 month mark. Do I need new RAM? Will running the current RAM hurt anything else in the system? Is there anyway to fix it? someone please help im at a loss here.

Test each stick individually, rma the bad stick. Could be bad mobo but most likely bad ram.

When you say "stock settings", what speed is the memory at? I thought I had bad RAM when I got Memtest errors trying to run RAM at 1600MHz (retail "stock" speed) with a stock-clocked AMD Athlon II X2. Those CPUs only officially support 1066MHz and I'm pretty sure that was my problem. Turning down the memory speed removed the errors.
That was my noob mistake, but now I know about max memory speeds for CPUs. Never had that problem with DDR-1 overclocking.:)

well the manufacturer specs on the RAM are 1333mhz @ 1.5v 9-9-9-24

I have the ram set to 1067mhz on auto, set the voltage to 1.51v manually thinking it needed more voltage and manually set the timings to 9-9-9-24.

Now my question is, when i have all my voltages set to auto(stock) is sets my RAM voltage to 1.59. Should i set it to 1.59 and try again? Could it be that the sticks arent getting enough voltage?

UPDATE: So I went ahead and did some testing and troubleshooting. Tested each stick individually and in each RAM slot on the motherboard. And only one of the sticks is popping up with errors. I guess its RMA time.

Thanks munkle and triligy456 for replying!

Back