• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

memory downclocking

millsdh

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
136
In general, does memory always downclock? i.e. ddr3-1333 would run at ddr3-1066 speeds or ddr2-800 would run at ddr2-667 speeds?
 
the answer is yes.. if you have a ddr3 1600mhz you always can put it to 1333mhz or 800mhz..
but why would you do that ?
 
The only time underclocking RAM didn't work for me was when I used some DDR PC3200 at the failsafe defaults of a mobo made for PC2100.
 
My ram (still need to test more, but I'm leaning towards ram) is acting up, and I tried downclocking it from 1600 to 800 and my mobo wouldn't even post. It works at every other multiplier I've tried though. There is no telling if that was the rams fault or the mobos fault. In theory it should work.
 
Back
Top