Amd For Ever
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 28, 2005
- Messages
- 41
It appears pc3200 is better than pc2100 because it would bottleneck your system, but does anything over pc3200 even help at all? Yes you need to overclock inorder to try and have it boost your system, but has anyone seen any tangible results in the real world not synthetic software? Maybe someone with an intel can tell me because it appears hard to test only memory with amd and not oc the cpu at the same time. I would like to know if it boosts fps at all in the new games or speeds up anything. Yes for old games like quake 3 you might get a good boost but who cares when you are in 400 fps range it is all overkill, but the new games all seem gpu dependant, like doom3 so why should i pay $400 over some cheaper brandname value memory?? Is there any advantage in getting the highest oc memory or the lowest latancy speed ever over good value memory? For the tests I am looking for I would like it at max settings with eye candy, because who wants to play a game at 800 X 600 with the crappiest settings? I know that this puts the load mainly on the gpu, but the results at low settings aren't helpful because it won't be played like that.