• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Memory confusion.

Joined
Apr 5, 2010
Messages
12
Hello, and thanks in advanced, I recently upgrade my Rig, Im running a 2500k, 560 gtx ti, and xp.. I currently have 4 gigs of memory. Im looking to upgrade as im getting 64 bit win 7,I do not over clocked, In short, I know almost nothing about memory, Im looking to get somewhere between 8-16 gigs depending on benifits,

I game mostly, Wow, Aion, Minecraft, SC2.

Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/1866*/2133*(OC) DRAM, 32GB Max
- Supports 1GB/ 2GB/ 4GB/ 8GB DRAM size
- Supports Dual channel mode


any advised is VERY welcome, and again, thank you.
 
Hello, and thanks in advanced, I recently upgrade my Rig, Im running a 2500k, 560 gtx ti, and xp.. I currently have 4 gigs of memory. Im looking to upgrade as im getting 64 bit win 7,I do not over clocked, In short, I know almost nothing about memory, Im looking to get somewhere between 8-16 gigs depending on benifits,

I game mostly, Wow, Aion, Minecraft, SC2.

Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/1866*/2133*(OC) DRAM, 32GB Max
- Supports 1GB/ 2GB/ 4GB/ 8GB DRAM size
- Supports Dual channel mode


any advised is VERY welcome, and again, thank you.

Ram speeds etc don't mean as much as they did with the older setups. since you don't OC get some 1333 or 1600 speed ram (most are the same price, sometimes you can find the 1600 on sale for cheaper though), unless you do something that makes use of allot of RAM you will not see improvements on gaming with 8GB vs 16GB. Stick with 1.5V RAM.
 
Ram speeds etc don't mean as much as they did with the older setups. since you don't OC get some 1333 or 1600 speed ram (most are the same price, sometimes you can find the 1600 on sale for cheaper though), unless you do something that makes use of allot of RAM you will not see improvements on gaming with 8GB vs 16GB. Stick with 1.5V RAM.

Awesome, thanks for the feed back! 8g it is.
 
Back
Top