Memory Clock OC

Skulltrail

n00b
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
29
Anyone encounter a benchmark that compares the performance of the same card with different memory clocks? I'm OCing my 7970 and I've got it at 1200MHz core with the default memory clock (1425 on my Sapphire card). Any OCing of the memory clock causes serious instability. I'm wondering if I'm cutting my card short by not scaling the memory clock in parallel with the core clock increases.

Let's hope my card can run at 1200MHz stable. :)

Sidenote: I just learned that my room was too warm for my card. I was getting temps of 71*C max after hours of gameplay. Since I opened my window temps have dropped to 54*C max. :D
 
All you can really do is benchmark yourself: if you have the time. A Unigine benchmark run only lasts about 5 mins, so just perform some scientific experimenting yourself with memclocks.
 
Back
Top