memory card reader problem HELP!!!

moutwtrng

n00b
I bought a Koutech RCM621 internal memory card reader and installed it on my current build. My mobo is an Asus P8P67 WS Revolution. After connecting it on the bottom USB header and installing the latest drivers it will not read any memory card I insert on it!

Basically this is what happens is when I insert a memory card.

Lets say I insert an SD card, on My Computer the SD card logo will pop up but when you click on it, it will only say "please insert memory card" and not detect the contents:confused:

Here's the weird thing, if I reboot the PC with the SD card still inserted and when I look on my computer again the SD card is reading perfectly? I can acess all the contents and everything! But when I take it out and re-insert it, it could'nt recognize it again!?! The SD logo would pop up but not recognize that the card is inserted and I cant acess the contents?

Help me, this is driving me crazy!:eek:, I've already searched the net and nada!?

something in BIOS is off. Not sure what, but I am positive that is it. Or you have a problem with your new reader.

it couldnt be the card reader because i have 2 of them and both are acting the same way...

and when you mentioned the bios, what should I be looking at?

SInce its USB I would suggest looking at the USB options. See if anything looks out of order. That board should have UEFI, right?

Go into BIOS and look at the USB setup. Make sure is right. after that its all I got. Wish I knew more about it. (not the problem, the BIOS)

Just wanted to give an update. I finally got the Card reader working!!!! I came by this solution purely by accident when I was doing a fresh insta. Although I wasnt able to pinpoint the actual cause of the problem heres the steps that i did to make it start working again.

1. Update to the latest bios
2. Format drive and do a fresh install of windows 7
3. Update windows until there is nothing to update
4. install MB software downloaded directly from asus website (do not use the installer cd)
5. After each program installation I test to see if the card reader is still working to make sure if any program is causing the problem.

I also did not install the memory card reader software and the reader is working fine w/o it.

Back