• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Memory BIOS Settings, Manual or Auto?

Deeky

Gawd
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
982
When installing new memory, I rarely rely on XMP profiles. I instead opt to input the CL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS and CR values manually. However, I've been wondering if I should also manually key in the remaining 22 values available in my BIOS (P6X58D Premium). All the information is available to me, clearly displayed as the stock values for my Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D. Is it worth keying in these values, or is it best to leave the majority set to Auto? I only wonder as I've been suffering intermittent stability problems with only the basic stock timings entered manually. Should be noted, I also included a QPU DRAM voltage bump to 1.4v as indicated by the XMP settings and of course the necessary 1.65v.
 
Back
Top