• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Memory and Fraps/Gaming?

EL_BaRTO

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
73
Greetings all. Not really sure if I should post this under gaming or memory, so I chose memory subforums. Just really quick question. I understand that gaming really doesn't need a lot of memory. With that stated, what about memory as far as using Fraps in gaming is concerned? I would like to do a lot more Frapsing in my games. IF I increase my memory from 8gb+ will I see any kind of improvement in recording in fraps? Like I can easily tell when fraps is on or off atm.

I guess essentially what I'm asking is will it make my gameplay smooth enough while recording in Fraps that I won't notice it or affect my gameplay? Sorry struggling to figure out the right words for my question. Lol.

P.S. IF memory has no real impact on smooth recording of Fraps, what should I be looking at to improve smooth recording in Fraps? Settings? Hard drive? Thanks much again.
 
Memory has a slight effect on gaming and Fraps, but very minimal

Encoding and video is more heavy on processor and since it's gaming, graphics will play a role as well. What CPU to you run? I run an i7-860 with my 6950 and I can record at over 200FPS depending on the game. On basic games like Minecraft and L4D2, I've hit 1000FPS, given for L4D2 it's during the finale ending scene where the car drives through the glass wall.

Get a decent graphics and CPU. Set Fraps to 29FPS and half-size.

Good Luck,
Jason Xiao
 
Awesome! Thank your reply and helpful info. I think my CPU is decent enough with with my GPU. I will try out the settings you've stated. Thanks much again. :)
 
Back
Top