Memory advice for Intel Badaxe 2 .....

Randy2

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok guys,
I have a X6800 and an Intel Badaxe 2 board on the way. I am a newb to DDR2. What speed and type do I need for this board. I want the best memory available for it. Also, I would be willing to buy through the forums here if you know of anyone selling any.

LMK,

Thanks,

Randy

I will have to read up on the Patriot brand. Looks like the Buffalo gets lousy reviews from everyone.

Yeah I'm doing research myself but people love the Buffalo because they use Micron chips or something. They are apparently uber good. If you decide on what to get, let me know as well I may just have to follow.

I will have to read up on the Patriot brand. Looks like the Buffalo gets lousy reviews from everyone.

Huh? Where did you get this information? These sticks are damn sweet. Go read the newegg reviews.

From the Newegg reviews.

Newegg reviews is 99% wrong and assume dissatisfied users is 10x more prone to complaint than satisfied ones. I looked at some and most has no clue what is a SPD programming, which is the safe settings to boot at 1.84v.

I have the FireStix myself and it work very well for my needs and for the awesome price. Running at DDR2-940 at 2.2v and 4-4-4-12 :)

Back