• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mediasonic Proraid Error light on

peppergomez

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 15, 2011
Messages
3,475
Hey folks,

I have the Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 PRORAID 4 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure
(http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HFR2-SU3S2-PRORAID-Drive-Enclosure/dp/B003YFHEAC)

I have noticed that the drive is sometimes not recognized by Windows, requiring me to unplug, switch off, then plug in, turn back on.

The xH Error light is on and the +5 is highlighted.

I would appreciate it if anyone could share any troubleshooting tips, as I'm new to troubleshooting this sort of thing.

Thanks
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Turn off the SpinDown on the drive, drive bay, or disk settings. That happened to me on my Mac and I had to tell OSX to NEVER spin down those drives or put them to sleep.

That means you have a RAID 5, I think.
 
OK thanks. Googled the topic and it's not clear to me where in Windows I would make that setting. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Back
Top