• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MediaMonkeys, unite! Anyone have tips/tutorials?

Coldblackice

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
1,156
I'm a fresh convert to the church of the monkey de media (Mediamonkey). Wow, what a fantastic program! Soooo long iTunes! This is the music program I've been dreaming of all along, and I get giddily excited with the library management and tagging features I know about, but also excited at how incredible pervasive and deep this program is. Definitely seems to have a lot of ability and power, and I feel I haven't even come close to scratching the surface.

With that tomfoolery aside, do you have any tips, tricks, or suggestions? I'd love to know how you manage your library, what tools/functions you use, cool ways of doing things, etc. Of course, don't feel obligated to write a full-blown tutorial if you don't want to; even just mentioning "I like how I can do X while Y is happening" is enough of a breadcrumb to seek out how to do it (most of the time).

For instance, a very minor one, but I just learned that you can right-click the library folder in the top left and select which trees/subtrees you want to have shown/hidden. I know, mindblowing :D




------------
PS -- I feel like I still need to keep mentioning how MIND-BLOWN I am over my recent upgrade away from computer speakers and into bookshelfs/pro audio (compliments of [H]audiophiles). It has turned music from a casual passing-the-time listening to an endorphin-guzzling drug addiction. :) Really, I still just can't believe what I'm hearing now, and as corny as it may sound, what I'm -feeling-! Wow, I just feel so dang good listening to it!
 
I used to use MM, but somewhere along in the last few updates, it started choking when loading my library. So now I use Spotify as it has no problem loading all my music (about 150,000 tracks). I liked MM, and the developers respond quickly to any issues, but so far no fix for the crash in my instance. :(
 
I'm a fresh convert to the church of the monkey de media (Mediamonkey). Wow, what a fantastic program! Soooo long iTunes! This is the music program I've been dreaming of all along, and I get giddily excited with the library management and tagging features I know about, but also excited at how incredible pervasive and deep this program is. Definitely seems to have a lot of ability and power, and I feel I haven't even come close to scratching the surface.

With that tomfoolery aside, do you have any tips, tricks, or suggestions? I'd love to know how you manage your library, what tools/functions you use, cool ways of doing things, etc. Of course, don't feel obligated to write a full-blown tutorial if you don't want to; even just mentioning "I like how I can do X while Y is happening" is enough of a breadcrumb to seek out how to do it (most of the time).

For instance, a very minor one, but I just learned that you can right-click the library folder in the top left and select which trees/subtrees you want to have shown/hidden. I know, mindblowing :D




------------
PS -- I feel like I still need to keep mentioning how MIND-BLOWN I am over my recent upgrade away from computer speakers and into bookshelfs/pro audio (compliments of [H]audiophiles). It has turned music from a casual passing-the-time listening to an endorphin-guzzling drug addiction. :) Really, I still just can't believe what I'm hearing now, and as corny as it may sound, what I'm -feeling-! Wow, I just feel so dang good listening to it!

mediamonkey is great, the best thing is the feature to convert tracks from FLAC to mp3 on the fly for mp3 players
 
Been using it for 5 years or so. not user friendly so tell friends and parents to stick w/ itunes, but it's fantastic for those with huge libraries. It works very well with the ASIO plugin too.
 
Back
Top