• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

media speed test?

kronchev

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Feb 23, 2001
Messages
12,051
I know HDTach is the accepted harddrive testing solution, but what am I to use to test the speed of other devices, such as solid state media? I ask because I want to compare the speeds of some brands of SD cards. Thanks!
 
hdparm might do it if you're on linux.

For instance here's a pretty standard benchmark:

Code:
/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   3328 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1664.25 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  176 MB in  3.01 seconds =  58.38 MB/sec

/dev/hdc:
 Timing cached reads:   3424 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1712.26 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  100 MB in  3.04 seconds =  32.90 MB/sec

/dev/hdd:
 Timing cached reads:   3612 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1803.57 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  154 MB in  3.03 seconds =  50.90 MB/sec

sda=HDS722516VLSA80
hdc=MAXTOR 4K040H2
hdd=Maxtor 6Y120P0
 
Back
Top