Dark_Stranger
n00b
- Joined
- Aug 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2
Hi everyone
I have been searching alot in here about a media server.
But hardware changes all the time, and it's various answers people get.
So I hope you can help me with som info on which hardware will be good for my first server build.
My Plans are as this:
Media server
Primary use - Stream music and HD movies
Secondary use - Small backup plans (will not be very much)
I'm not planning on having any raid
My homenetwork is Gigabit Lan
Planning on using WHS2011 (but not sure yet)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware I have until now
Discs - Until now i have 4 x 2tb discs, it's fine for now. but planning to have 8-10 discs
Case - NZXT Whisper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which hardware will you recomend for the rest?
There will max be 2 maybe 3 pc's watching movies from it.
That will be the max load and it will be verry rare.
Thanks in Advance for your help.
I have been searching alot in here about a media server.
But hardware changes all the time, and it's various answers people get.
So I hope you can help me with som info on which hardware will be good for my first server build.
My Plans are as this:
Media server
Primary use - Stream music and HD movies
Secondary use - Small backup plans (will not be very much)
I'm not planning on having any raid
My homenetwork is Gigabit Lan
Planning on using WHS2011 (but not sure yet)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware I have until now
Discs - Until now i have 4 x 2tb discs, it's fine for now. but planning to have 8-10 discs
Case - NZXT Whisper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which hardware will you recomend for the rest?
There will max be 2 maybe 3 pc's watching movies from it.
That will be the max load and it will be verry rare.
Thanks in Advance for your help.